• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Princely ROM V2.7.5 - Five Themed Versions ~ GingerBread, RBT, BBW, Purple, and HoneyComb~

Nerver mind, figured it out, post below.

Nashiti, it will stay at the 'M' Logo for 3 minutes, and the boot animation for 5 minutes for you first boot. Also make sure you rooted and deodexed.

For me it would just keep rebooting... like it would go to honeycomb boot animation for like 3 minutes... then go back to m logo

It was my fault i was not deadexed

Upvote 0
Dude screenshots are easy to take. Just use ddms.bat that comes with the android sdk. Its under tools. Real simple. Hey if you wanna send me your framework-res.apk, and services.jar I will change all the black on black text issue. It's really easy to do. Just decompile framework-res.apk using apk manager(I use 4.9, 5.0 didnt work for me), and follow these threads here(Theya re a must have for good quality theme editing!):
[GUIDE] Theme editing and related things. - Android @ MoDaCo
[TUTORIAL] Where to find the colors for making a theme - xda-developers

There is a section on the first link thats about changing the menu text to white that will fix your black on black menu text problem.It will also show you how to decompile the classes.dex inside services.jar to change the clock color, and also enable support for the transparent background like punkmaxx has in his gingerbread theme.
There is also a section on changing the statusbar date color as well as the ongoing notifications text colors. It's all really easy to do if you pay attention.

Upvote 0
First of all, I really like your rom. 1.7 works amazing!
I have a problem and 2 questions

problem: I flashed 2.7 bbw and found that everything works except Google Voice. It would not sync. Says something about network error. I reflashed it followed your step to the T but the same thing happens. There was a Force closed on gapp. I had to revert back to 1.7 just to use Google Voice.

Question: Which of these are not theme? Dont get me wrong, I love your themes but the non theme version would allows me to read my mails and messages a lot easier with my background.

Question: HoneyComb Theme is not 100% working. Can you tell me what is missing?

Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0
First of all, I really like your rom. 1.7 works amazing!
I have a problem and 2 questions

problem: I flashed 2.7 bbw and found that everything works except Google Voice. It would not sync. Says something about network error. I reflashed it followed your step to the T but the same thing happens. There was a Force closed on gapp. I had to revert back to 1.7 just to use Google Voice.

Question: Which of these are not theme? Dont get me wrong, I love your themes but the non theme version would allows me to read my mails and messages a lot easier with my background.

Question: HoneyComb Theme is not 100% working. Can you tell me what is missing?

Thanks a lot!
Whats not is working some Black on black text(not in statusbar). It's going to be fixed soon. It is supposed to have GTalk, I was thinking of adding themed GTalk but not sure if anybody wants it.

I have adb now!!!! I will get the screenshots tomorrow, unless primetech gets them in first, I will take screenshots tomorrow

Upvote 0
Yeah, 2.8.5 coming tomorrow.

Edit: Did I mention 2.8 fixes the black on black text....also, another speed boost, and support for more music file types, init.qcom.post_boot.sh gets deleted, and honeycomb gets honeycomb music.

Great! Can't wait I have been using a lot of ROMs and yours is really great so far :) I just stopped using CM7 because of 3G drops. So I'm flashing your Gingerbread 2.7.5 and waiting for your update to 2.8.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones