{ROM RELEASE} Project Elite 4.2 Source Frg83D w/Gingerbread parts

Last Updated: 2011-05-02 22:41:05
  1. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

From Actngrezy:

Please check out the website -- http://www.moddedlogic.com/pe/index.php -- for more information on this release along with themes, credits, and more. (Themes will come shortly)

(DO NOT USE any v4.1 themes. There have been many changes in the framework.)
    Also This release I feel is very polished. when you update apps, download boot animations you will now know when th download is complete. Many fixes in e.o and across the rom. And the addition of Galaxy s in the pulldown!!!

Changelog:
    Changelog

Screenshots:
    ScreenShots

Downloads:
    ROM:
    ProjectElite v4.2

Transition animations:
    Animations
    Uncapped data throttle mod:
    Throttle mod
    GingerBread icon Theme:
    GBicontheme
    Rom Stock vanilla froyo(per request this is the full rom not a theme)

Vanilla Project Elite 4.2
    For the extras datahack,transitions for the froyo rom please visit
    Project Elite

For themers we have included a themers pack to help with theming:
    This includes stock froyo framework, p.e themed framework, white and black services, and themed gb apps
    Themers Pack

There's a support forum at the Project Elite website: Project Elite • Index page.

Also, additional support can be found here: {ROM RELEASE} Project Elite 4.2 Source Frg83D w/Gingerbread parts - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum.

Project Elite ROMS have been really great on my Droid, and I have to say, this is the best, most full-featured, polished version yet, with no sacrifice to the speed and smoothness I've come to expect from Project Elite.

Advertisement
    blaine0406, Frank Grimes and Quinolin like this.
  2. Quinolin

Quinolin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post, I might give this ROM a look.

PS: The link to website is broken, it contains an extra ] as part of the link.
    GirLuvsDroid likes this.
  3. Quinolin

4. GirLuvsDroid

Thank you. I fixed the link.
  5. Damademan3

Damademan3 Well-Known Member

dang it, just switch to petes nightly last night just because i was bored. Back to Project Elite :)

Its been the best rom i have used so far.
  6. GirLuvsDroid

Galaxy S and Droid X themes are now up on the PE website for v4.2: Project Elite.
  7. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

I cannot seem to get the brightness adjustment to work. I had the same problem with 4.1. Any ideas anyone?
  8. jimmyUT

jimmyUT Active Member

My brightness works fine since 4.1 Something you can try if you are rooted is an app called adjust brightness. Works really good and can get the screen much dimmer or brighter than the stock settings. Also allows you to lock off button lights and LEDs
  9. jimmyUT

jimmyUT Active Member

Is anyone having issues with the Galaxy S power widget pulldown going away after a reboot. I have to go into settings, uncheck then re check it and it shows right back up.
  10. GirLuvsDroid

Never, not once, and I've been testing it for a few weeks now.
  11. ssmith1092

ssmith1092 Active Member

just got this rom last night, and my phone is running hot just from play music thru my headphones, and this been lately with a lot of rom, could this just be a problem with my phone?
  12. GirLuvsDroid

The REVOlution, Nextang and Faded themes are now available, as well. Project Elite
  13. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

Good news! Any chance this will work without the data wipe coming from 4.1?
  14. GirLuvsDroid

Because there have been tons of changes to the framework and other items, it is highly recommended that you wipe all partitions before installing the ROM.
  15. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks. I'm really loving this ROM; my phone likes it too.
  16. supasizefries

supasizefries Member

Just flashed this ROM as per PE website. Previously had PEv4. I'm also having the same problem as jimmyUT. I have to enable the power widget again to make it show up after a reboot. Also, any previous extra buttons I enabled I have enable again to display them, even though they are already checked off. Any previously extra enabled buttons don't show up in the re-ordering list either.

Other than that, my phone loves this ROM just like the previous PE I had. Really enjoying this ROM, thanks GLD.
  17. GirLuvsDroid

Jimmy and supasize: did you restore using TiBu and if so, did you restore [SETTINGS/BLUETOOTH] Settings Storage 2.2.1? If you did, that might be the issue and you can try clearing the data for that item in TiBu, rebooting, then setting up all your options in Elite Settings again and see if that helps. If not, I'm sorry for the extra effort and I'm sort of out of ideas!
  18. supasizefries

supasizefries Member

I think I might have restored [SETTINGS/BLUETOOH] Settings Storage 2.2.1 by accident. In TiBu, I wiped data like you said and for some reason, my HOME button stopped working. It would still have haptic feedback, but nothing else. So I restored that file with TiBu, rebooted and my HOME button started working again. I think I'll live with having to enable the galaxy S tab every time I reboot my phone.
  19. jimmyUT

jimmyUT Active Member

Possibly, I am going to wipe and reinstall later tonight and see if that fixes it.

Where can I get the apk for the blacked out Miui player? I see install instructions on the PE website, but no download file anywhere.

Thanks
  20. GirLuvsDroid

21. jimmyUT

jimmyUT Active Member

22. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

What is "uncapped data throttle"?
  23. Quinolin

24. GirLuvsDroid

Have you checked to see if they have 2 different names in /system/app? ecsnead69 has a tendency to name his stuff "Black _____" so the Blacked Out Muiu may not have replaced the original player.