• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {ROM RELEASE} Project Elite 4.2 Source Frg83D w/Gingerbread parts

Try resetting battery stats so its more accurate. This ROM comes with a 1100mhz kernel so you may also need to set up SetCPU profiles to help save battery life. I just flashed it last night and I have been trying to test the battery time without SetCPU profiles. One thing is for sure... this thing is SUPER FAST and smooth as silk so far.

i should of stated that i have done all the normal steps in curing this issue. Sounds like just a me issue.

Upvote 0
Quick question, does anyone know if we are suppose to update Launcher Pro through the market? It keeps showing up as an update notification.

I don't use Launcher Pro, but I believe if you update it through Update LauncherPro (Settings>Elite Settings>General>Extra Applications), you'll get the PE themed version.

Upvote 0
I don't use Launcher Pro, but I believe if you update it through Update LauncherPro (Settings>Elite Settings>General>Extra Applications), you'll get the PE themed version.

Cool, thanks. I will check it out. I usually dont use it either but since it came pre installed I decided to keep it. I thought maybe they used a certain version of LP with the ROM because it worked better than others so I was just making sure.

Upvote 0
Cool, thanks. I will check it out. I usually dont use it either but since it came pre installed I decided to keep it. I thought maybe they used a certain version of LP with the ROM because it worked better than others so I was just making sure.

The new version via the market worked fine for me. No issues. I suppose either way would probably work fine.

Upvote 0
Is anyone having an issue with WIFI. I installed 4.2 this morning.
I get constant network errors trying to download from the Market and trying to send a file from the phone to my PC using Dropbox. I turned off WIFI and have been using 3G for the past few hours with no problem. I am having no problem with my router or my cable modem. The PC works great.
Anyone else have this kind of problem?

Upvote 0
Is anyone having an issue with WIFI. I installed 4.2 this morning.
I get constant network errors trying to download from the Market and trying to send a file from the phone to my PC using Dropbox. I turned off WIFI and have been using 3G for the past few hours with no problem. I am having no problem with my router or my cable modem. The PC works great.
Anyone else have this kind of problem?

My WiFi is working great (I'm using the stock kernel that comes with the ROM). Are you using the stock kernel? Have you tried resetting your modem and connecting your Droid to it again?

Upvote 0
My WiFi is working great (I'm using the stock kernel that comes with the ROM). Are you using the stock kernel? Have you tried resetting your modem and connecting your Droid to it again?

I think it must have been my provider. They seem to do their maintenance during the middle of the day rather than the middle of the night. It was unusable for about four hours, right after I installed 4.2, so naturally I pointed my finger at the ROM. It cleared up about an hour ago and has not had a problem since.
Another problem. The Android browser is gone. I may have removed it but I don't remember doing that. I tried two browsers and neither one would download a page from the Internet, they would just return to whereever it started from. I downloaded Opera and it is working fine so I won't worry about it. But, anyone know how to get the standard browser back withoug flashing the ROM again?

Upvote 0
I think it must have been my provider. They seem to do their maintenance during the middle of the day rather than the middle of the night. It was unusable for about four hours, right after I installed 4.2, so naturally I pointed my finger at the ROM. It cleared up about an hour ago and has not had a problem since.
Another problem. The Android browser is gone. I may have removed it but I don't remember doing that. I tried two browsers and neither one would download a page from the Internet, they would just return to whereever it started from. I downloaded Opera and it is working fine so I won't worry about it. But, anyone know how to get the standard browser back withoug flashing the ROM again?

Go to Settings>Elite Settings>General>Extra Applications and select Restore Browser.

Upvote 0
Even though I am enjoying the added features, smoothness and speed I have to say battery life sucks on this compared to 4.1. I am at the point where I am lucky to get a couple hours of moderate use before I Have to recharge. I have wiped bat stats a couple of times and tried my spare battery and get the same results. Oh well. At least 4.1 is still a solid ROM

Upvote 0
Even though I am enjoying the added features, smoothness and speed I have to say battery life sucks on this compared to 4.1. I am at the point where I am lucky to get a couple hours of moderate use before I Have to recharge. I have wiped bat stats a couple of times and tried my spare battery and get the same results. Oh well. At least 4.1 is still a solid ROM

i had the same issue. I installed the vanilla rom like it was a new rom and have had much better battery life. I been off the hook for 12 hours and have 20% left. Thats with many phone calls, emails, and texts today.

Upvote 0
i had the same issue. I installed the vanilla rom like it was a new rom and have had much better battery life. I been off the hook for 12 hours and have 20% left. Thats with many phone calls, emails, and texts today.

Yeah. So thata the ticket! Battery life is stellar on vanilla theme. Ill deal with stock look for this battery life... better than 4.1 so far. Thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0
What dialer is included in this version? The one in 4.1 sucked and I kept accidentally putting numbers in the blacklist.

OK, maybe I'm not wording this right. It's not the dialer but when you actually place a call, that screen has changed. I don't like it. How can I change that to what it is like with a stock ROM? That's easier for me to use.
All you have to do to get the standard call screen back is check In-call touch UI in Call settings.

Reactions: Frank Grimes
Upvote 0
You know, you have a way of making me feel stupid every time I ask something on here. It's always something simple I overlook!

Thanks again for all your help! :)

Crap -- I would never want to make you look or feel stupid! Just so you know, that particular setting is one I found by accident, by just playing with the different settings. I didn't know what it meant until I realized that my normal call screen was back (I didn't like the one where you have to hit menu for options, either).

Upvote 0
I'm going to ask a really stupid question... but I guess it's better then screwing something up.

I wanted to do the bronze theme but have never done a theme before. So I:
-download it to my sd card
-then in ROM manager go to download ROM from sd card and then select the theme and install it.
-it goes into clockworkmod recovery and does it's thing.
-the phone reboots itself

Correct?

Do I have to do a TiBu and reinstall all of my apps or when you do a theme it's not like a whole new ROM?

Sorry for the noob question...

Upvote 0
I'm going to ask a really stupid question... but I guess it's better then screwing something up.

I wanted to do the bronze theme but have never done a theme before. So I:
-download it to my sd card
-then in ROM manager go to download ROM from sd card and then select the theme and install it.
-it goes into clockworkmod recovery and does it's thing.
-the phone reboots itself

Correct?

Do I have to do a TiBu and reinstall all of my apps or when you do a theme it's not like a whole new ROM?

Sorry for the noob question...

First, when you install a theme, you should never wipe, so we don't need to worry about your last question.

You can proceed exactly as you've described, although I always recommend just booting into recovery (not going through ROM Manager) to do the installation itself. You should make a backup before you install the theme.

Here's what I do:

1. Copy the theme zip file to any directory on your SD card (there

Reactions: coloradogregg
Upvote 0
Here's some information on Dalvik cache: xda-developers - View Single Post - What is Dalvik Cache?

Because, when you install, uninstall and move apps on your phone, the Dalvik cache gets full of items you no longer need, which can gum things up and cause slow-downs, I clean up my Dalvik cache using Titanium Backup every couple of days and clean it entirely once a week or so. It rebuilds itself and you don't lose any of your data (so it won't clear any of your settings, etc.).

With the altDeskClock, I believe what probably happened is that the dev inadvertently put the wrong DeskClock.apk in the altdeskclock download on his server. They're named exactly the same thing, so it's really easy to do. I'll let him know and see if I can find the right one and will put it in an update.zip for you.

I wonder if the kernel is a problem for you, because I've made numerous phone calls of varying lengths and never had my phone crash.

UPDATE: I'm attaching an update zip with the DeskClock that has the voice command functionality. Just know that it's a trade-off: the one with voice commands does not have the ability to change the clock colors.

I just installed this and it still tells me that I must update my Clock application to add alarms via voice commands ):

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones