• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] rubiX Focused 1.0 by drod2169

i'm having the battery manager force close issue. is this a rubix 1.0 issue or something else?

Saw someone else report this on another forum...
This was an issue in 0.5, I believe, but I think you're the second (??) report of it.

When you installed, you wiped /data and /cache, right?
Have you installed any themes?
Did you restore anything from backup?
Any other mods/changes/?

Upvote 0
i just performed the blackbarmod you listed in this thread. and i restored all apps and data (no user data). i will try restoring a backup and reinstalling clean again. each modification I will check the battery manager to see if/when it starts to have the issue.

kk. When you restore, be very careful to not restore anything system related.. only suggestion based on what you mentioned....

Upvote 0
What apps shud not be restored? And currenlty have .5 shud i flash to stock then instal this or do i just install over? No need to mount or wipe system?

Any market apps should be ok to restore. Just be super careful that you don't restore anything from system...

You don't need to go back to stock, or mount/wipe system. The ROM will format system during install.

Upvote 0
@sephtin
please tell me the rubix line will continue. i just tried fission 1.2 and, well lets just say my results were not good. so i am back on a nandroid of rubix.

That would be a question for drod2169. Send him a PM on droidforums or droidxforums, or gchat him...
I'm pretty confident that rubiX is not going away anytime soon, if that makes you feel any better. :)

Upvote 0
I'm currently running the original rubiX Focused 0.5 patched. What has changed since then? Is there an easy upgrade path to 1.0, or do I need to load up my old nandroid and then install 1.0 fresh?

You won't need to go back to an older version before you upgrade.. you can just install.
Unfortunately, there have been significant changes from 0.5 to 1.0. It's a significantly different core/framework. You will need to clear data/cache when you install, or you will boot loop your phone. So be prepared to reinstall your apps, and reconfigure your phone.

(The apps should start re-installing when you open the market for the first time. So I always recommend turning on WiFi after the install, BEFORE you open the market app for the first time... It will probably look like apps are stalled in Market, but they're all queue'd for download, and will eventually all be installed. I also recommend syncing with AppBrain to make sure you get all your apps back. If for some reason some of them don't reinstall.. it's just a matter of reinstalling appbrain app, and syncing to get them back.

HTH!

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to get the Blur Gallery on Focused 1.0? This is my only issue with RubiX honestly.

Or is there an easy way to view photos after taking them directly from the camera app? The little window that takes you to the 3D gallery never lists photo chronologically.

Hmm, I'm using the AOSP (8MP from patch) camera... and 3dgallery from the market:
3D Gallery - Android app on AppBrain

And when I take a photo, then tap on the image of the photo in the camera, it takes me right to the picture... So not sure.

Upvote 0
well i did some digging and found a blur gallery that works with rubix focused 1.0.

android mods | wjd designs

does your photo widget work? I installed this but also removed the gallery that came with. I just cant get the widget to work. Any idea>?

EDIT: IM GUESSING IT COULD BE A BLUR THING. THE PHOTO FRAME THAT COMES WITH 1.0 IS THE SAME THO WITH BLACK BG

Upvote 0
Finally got my X burning some azz....Really loving this ROM so far. Not ONE reboot on this setup so far.

Leaked 2.2
Rubix 1.0 ROM
Jrummy O/C - 1.15ghz ULV
SetCPU- performance

Quadrant attached

Attachments

• droidxquadscore.jpg
    droidxquadscore.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones