• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v028b] GingerDX v28b 2.3 by Doixanh

Hi,

I think because some coding in v15 is in conflict with wifi settings
so hot fix is to be flashed to get wifi working.

I do not use v15... I am still using v13.
I think v14... v15 with the hot fix is not stable at the moment.
I don't like custom with hotfix... it shows that something is not working properly.

I will wait for a better version without hotfix...

cheers :)
gabe
hi,
thanks and lots of thanks.
initially i had a softbrick with screen flashing SONY ERICSSON
but i read as many articles as i could.
Ended up using GingerDX v24 2.3.7
thanks to lot of questions asked by so many people covering all errors chances.
special thanks "GABEYONG"

Upvote 0
hi, i'm a newbie on android phone..

i tried this rom with alfs-8 kernel and installed adreno lib,
but now my data connection via mobile network is not working.

i'm getting g and h icon on beside my signal bars, but somehow its not connecting.. i've checked my access point settings, its correct.

but when i reflash my phone back to its default SE rom and kernel, the data connection is working fine.

is there any fix for this type of problem??

thanks in advance

Upvote 0
hi, i'm a newbie on android phone..

i tried this rom with alfs-8 kernel and installed adreno lib,
but now my data connection via mobile network is not working.

i'm getting g and h icon on beside my signal bars, but somehow its not connecting.. i've checked my access point settings, its correct.

but when i reflash my phone back to its default SE rom and kernel, the data connection is working fine.

is there any fix for this type of problem??

thanks in advance

This custom rom is based on stock kernel.
So use the stock kernel and everything will be fine.

If you want to use a custom kernel make sure that the custom kernel is coded for the particular custom rom. In this case you need to flash LinuxDX kernel coz it has better compatibility.

gabe

Upvote 0
Hi,

make sure you
backup all your apps and
wipe everything... before you flash.

Factory reset (full wipe)
Wipe dalvik cache
Wipe system cache

then you can just use xRecovery to flash the GingerDX rom.

gabe

THANKS GABE! :) currently using it now wuhooooo!:D
I have a friend who has the walkman version of x8 (e16i w8) and he's asking if this is ROM is also compatible with his device??? Is it?

Upvote 0
THANKS GABE! :) currently using it now wuhooooo!:D
I have a friend who has the walkman version of x8 (e16i w8) and he's asking if this is ROM is also compatible with his device??? Is it?

Hi,

I have read it is compatible. The truth is I don't really know.
Some owners have reported in different forums that it works.

gabe

Reactions: jraquino
Upvote 0
hi gabe.i have just installed version 24 and i have one observation..after i have installed i planned to reboot the phone..but only two options appeared..its the REBOOT and CLOCKWORKMOD..no more XRECOVERY..,is it okay gabe that Xrecovery has gone?and then i chose the clockworkmod option in rebooting the phone.when i am already there in the interface of clockwormod v5,i look for the ADVANCE option because i remembered that you can reboot it to xrecovery when you're in clockworkmod.And Yes,the option was there to reboot to xrecovery and then i chose it and wait for a while to reboot the phone to xrecovery.but it didn't happened gabe..the phone directly boot to the boot animation.is it normal gabe?or xrecovery has been corrupted?its the only problem i have encountered in v24.,so far so good.i like the theme for ice cream sandwich..it seems that you are already using android 4 when you are using that theme

Upvote 0
hi gabe.i have just installed version 24 and i have one observation..after i have installed i planned to reboot the phone..but only two options appeared..its the REBOOT and CLOCKWORKMOD..no more XRECOVERY..,is it okay gabe that Xrecovery has gone?... edited

Hi,

xRecovery can be accessed when you see the SE Logo... then press the <back> button multiple times.

Some ROMs require CWM and some require xRecovery so I would keep both.

gabe

Upvote 0
hi gabe
this is my first time rooting my phone and i'm too afraid and doubt to start.
my phone's still X8 eclair.
i wanna ask, do i really need to download busybox from android market?
silly question, i know.
but please answer me. >/\<

Hi,

There is no need.
All you the files you require is on the first page.

gabe

Reactions: cheonsaparan13
Upvote 0
Hi Gabe! :)

ok, im here again haha well I installed the v023 and it worked fine, well, it did but I encountered an issue about the wifi. Well the wifi worked well for some time. But then now my wifi doesnt seem to work fine? Before I can scan and connect to wlans without any problem. Then there came a time that I experience disconnections while using the wifi, which I dont actually experience with other phones. then now, unfortunately, I cant even discover a network (any wlan). Is this case familiar, i mean, did some users also experience it already? Or is it just me? o_O

Upvote 0
Thanks for the new updated Rom.

Can I used xrecovery to install the new Rom V25?
I Had installed V23, but feel the performance slower than my 2.1 Android.
Is there any tweaking involved that I missed. I also faced issue when i moved my applications to the SD Card. They simply stopped working...
Arijit

Hi,

Need ClockworkMod Recovery.

gabe

Reactions: arijitgupte
Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
The link to download ClockworkMod Recovery displays an error message
"FileServe can only be used to download and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally."
Is there any other link for the same?
Thanks in Advance
Arijit

Hi,

Oops... I guess Fileserve is gonna block all my links.

Here is an alternate link for --> ClockworkMod Recovery

gabe

Upvote 0
gabe
i wanna ask again hehe :D
do you still use the same xperia revolution v013?
and which one you think's better? gingerDX or xperia revolution?
in the latest xperia revolution, does it still face problems like camera or bluetooth or wifi etc?
i'm still confuse which one i have to choose, gingerDX or Xperia Revolution hehe
Thanks anyway :)

Upvote 0
gabe
i wanna ask again hehe :D
do you still use the same xperia revolution v013?
and which one you think's better? gingerDX or xperia revolution?
in the latest xperia revolution, does it still face problems like camera or bluetooth or wifi etc?
i'm still confuse which one i have to choose, gingerDX or Xperia Revolution hehe
Thanks anyway :)

I am using GingerFast v2 at the moment.
But I never stay with one custom rom.
My Xperia X8 is an experimental phone to try new roms.

gabe

Reactions: cheonsaparan13
Upvote 0
ah, gabe, once more :D

where i can find Xperia X8 Stock Kernel or SONY ERICSSON Stock Kernel?

because in every thread i read to upgrade, its always needed

Hi,

You you did not use the FlashTool to flash a custom kernel then your phone is already on Stock Kernel. If you have flashed a custom kernel, then you need to flash back a stock kernel. Have a look at my flashtool guide.

I hope this helps.

gabe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones