• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

Here it is gm blue, changed the boot animation to show blue and green particles as a knod to green machine

gm blue.zip

screenshot-1326758071688.png

screenshot-1326758011402.png

I forgot to set the drop down background on the notification but you can use the peeping android in the settings.

Upvote 0
I just started using the BACKside rom for my optimus v. Also I am using the greenMachine theme. As soon as i rebooted my phone the vibration stopped working with recieving texts. It works with phone calls though. Ive changed many setting and looked around for awhile. I was just wondering if anyone had this problem and had a quick fix. Would be much appreaciated if anyone can help in anyway. Thanks

Upvote 0
I just started using the BACKside rom for my optimus v. Also I am using the greenMachine theme. As soon as i rebooted my phone the vibration stopped working with recieving texts. It works with phone calls though. Ive changed many setting and looked around for awhile. I was just wondering if anyone had this problem and had a quick fix. Would be much appreaciated if anyone can help in anyway. Thanks

Are you using an app or built in

Upvote 0
Need some help pre-testing current builds before I release the next one. I'm working on the headset issues, button and mic. I seem to have the button issues completely fixed, and the mic is working fine with the stock LGE headset, but still buggy with non-mic headsets, have to choose speaker phone for those.

Please test the following on a current build using stock LGE headset:

1. Plug in headset - status bar icon appears, media volume appears
  2. Press headset button - Music starts, press again for music stop
  3. Double-Press headset button (music playing)- Music skips to next selection
  4. Long press headset button (music playing) - Music app opens on phone
  5. Press headset button (phone ringing) - Answers call
  6. Press headset button (during call) - Mutes and unmutes mic
  7. Long press headset button (during call) - Ends call
  8. Unplug headset - status bar icon goes away
I believe that is all the behaviors expected, please test and post results.

The headset mic should work with the stock LGE headset. With a non-mic headset, only the speaker phone works (trying to get hands-free working right).

Please let me know if the above behavior works on current builds using various devices (stock LGE headset, non-mic headset, hands-free devices, etc). Please post which headset you tested with.

Thanks to anyone with the time to test. ;)

Upvote 0
Open the Messaging app, then press your menu key and select Settings. Scroll down and click on Notification settings. Choose Vibrate and select Always. ;)

Upvote 0
Need some help pre-testing current builds before I release the next one. I'm working on the headset issues, button and mic. I seem to have the button issues completely fixed, and the mic is working fine with the stock LGE headset, but still buggy with non-mic headsets, have to choose speaker phone for those.

The headset mic should work with the stock LGE headset. With a non-mic headset, only the speaker phone works (trying to get hands-free working right).

Please let me know if the above behavior works on current builds using various devices (stock LGE headset, non-mic headset, hands-free devices, etc). Please post which headset you tested with.

Do you mean head phones when you say non mic headset? If so the icon shows, volume appears and even you disconnect icon goes away and volume shows again. Tried on 4 different headphones. That's just what I've seen on a day to day basis.

Reactions: JerryScript
Upvote 0

used the "ear headset" non-mic that came with the phone and a lg headset that i bought, both worked on all 8 behavior tests.
nice to know what the button does on those things, ha

Upvote 0
used the "ear headset" non-mic that came with the phone and a non-mic lg headset that i bought, both worked on all 8 behavior tests.
nice to know what the button does on those things, ha
The ear headset that comes with a phone and has a button does have a mic, it's on the back of the button box. ;)

Reactions: norwoodsteel
Upvote 0

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes
4) yes but not Google music :(
5) yes
6) yes
7) yes
8) yes and media volume shows.

Done with included headset.

Upvote 0
Skull candy headphones, with buttons, but no mic, all work
will try my Sony headphones with secondary volume wheel and no mic.

Oh, and location settings (GPS and location over wireless) do not stick after selecting and leaving the sub menu.

Sony headphones work just like any other non mic non button headphones, but must use speaker phone during call, no audio through head phones while on speaker phone, and while not on speaker phone, you can hear audio through headphones, but you can't speak using phone mic.

Upvote 0
Hi Jerry,
Thank you for your quick reply. I really like the Backside ROM, but for now I will have to try something else. I see there is only a couple other ROMs not based on IHO like BobZhome's CM7.2.0 RC0-BobZ and Leslie Ann's Harmonia v.2.03. The gapps I used with the Backside ROM, will it work on Harmonia or is there one just for it like CM7.2.0 RC0-BobZ uses gapps-gb-20110613-BobZhome-v2? Or are both compatable with the gapps I used with Backside?
I know you are real busy, but is there some way you can let me know when the mic issue is fixed? I tried CM7.2.0 RC0-BobZ before getting Backside to work and just didn't care for the interface.
Also, how do you add your own ring tones in Backside or others?
Thanks,
Gerald
All gb(in file name) Gapps are compatible with IHO rom's. My "gapps-gb-20110613-BobZhome-v2" is the old style(non windows looking) market locked in(it won't update). I didn't like the google books, so I removed it and made v2.

Upvote 0
All gb(in file name) Gapps are compatible with IHO rom's. My "gapps-gb-20110613-BobZhome-v2" is the old style(non windows looking) market locked in(it won't update). I didn't like the google books, so I removed it and made v2.

Just to clarify so I know I'm understanding correctly... if I flash your Gapps on Jerry's IHO, I can have the old green Market back? If so, I can go into recovery and make a backup, then flash your Gapps and that's it?

Upvote 0
Just to clarify so I know I'm understanding correctly... if I flash your Gapps on Jerry's IHO, I can have the old green Market back? If so, I can go into recovery and make a backup, then flash your Gapps and that's it?
Yes, it is the old green market
It may update if you flash it over a new Gapps, since the new Gapps has installed the updater.

Upvote 0
Thanks!
I wiped files and dalvik before flashing, it seemed to install just fine. I noticed that I don't seem to get a battery level indicator, should I re-wipe and flash or is there a simple fix?

Make sure you don't have a special setting for the battery display under your cyogenmod settings. You should have the same as in the screen shot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones