[ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

1. Kirurus

Kirurus Well-Known Member

J/W what the default font was for Backside.

Thanks!

*Edit*
    Disregard
  2. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

You should stop trading your rooted phone in telling them there was an issue with the phone. I've seen you've done this a few times. I normally wont say anything but your taking advantage of it. If you can't do it don't root.
    Petrah and Kirurus like this.
  3. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

Thats the thing.. rooting wasn't a problom and rooting doest void best buys warranty it voids LG's
  4. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

The service department at Best Buy would probably disagree. I was a senior pc tech there for four years (pre Geek Squad), and I saw them turn away customers who had installed Linux. I thought that was bull, but it kind of highlights the mentality they have. That's part of why I don't work there anymore.
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Are you sure about that? Most warranty's only cover defects in material or workmanship.
    The back of a Best Buy receipt under "Non-returnable Items" : Items that are damaged or abused. This is exactly what you are doing to them before you are returning them.
    MacFett likes this.
  6. brotherswing

Specifically, Best Buy will only cover the original software environment. I always hated telling customers to remove XP and downgrade to ME before I was allowed to help them. Another reason I no longer work there.
  7. brotherswing

The theme won't have any impact on how long your battery lasts. Remember, your phone can only estimate the charge, based on past performance. Your best bet is to just roll with it for about a week (I know it shouldn't take that long, but better safe than sorry), let the system figure out where the charge levels really are. There is always a settling in period of a few days after flashing a new ROM. Your battery will probably start lasting longer, but it may be gradual enough for you not to notice. I'd say give it a week before you decide it isn't working. I've had mine since last February, and I still see fluctuations in how long a charge will last. I'm just happy on days when it lasts until bedtime (not often). I find if I start at 100% in the morning, I'm down to about 50% by the just after lunchtime. Then again, I play with it way too much. (!) My phone. I play with my phone way too much.
    northeimcustom likes this.
  8. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

As you said.. the original software enviorment. That I'm running. And I take very good care of my device and the warranty covers factory defects and it was freaking out pre root
  9. brotherswing

Fair enough, as long as it has the stock recovery on it. We're aren't the Return/Exchange police, but we don't want to encourage people to abuse the policies of big corporations. That's the kind of behavior that gets sites taken down, or users banned, and that's what we're trying to avoid here.
    benslgdroid likes this.
  10. AndyOpie150

camnykool, come on now. What about the first 2 phones you returned. Those weren't your fault, were they?
    MacFett likes this.
  11. exProphecy

exProphecy Well-Known Member

12. AndyOpie150

13. unknownsoldi

unknownsoldi Well-Known Member

Updated to the new build. Liking the look of the transparent status bar, but it doesn't seem usable. This is what it looks like when I open Dolphin.

Attached Files:

14. JerryScript

JerryScript Well-Known Member

If the background of the app you are using is white, then white is what's going to show when it's transparent. Not much that can be done about that one. However, you can make the status bar custom color partially transparent instead of fully transparent, which should help with your situation. ;)
    brotherswing likes this.
  15. tli

tli Well-Known Member

I just noticed that the latest build, 12162011, does not display the date upon expanding the status bar as it used to behave. Can someone please verify to see if this is the case or is it just a problem with my updating? TIA.
  16. JerryScript

Verified, my bad. Originally, it caused problems with overlaying the centered status bar clock, so I temporarily removed it while working on the status bar background code. I forgot to add it back in, but it will be back in the next build. Sorry, some times you miss what you don't see. ;)
    tli likes this.
  17. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

I didn't even notice that either. Would like to see it back though.
  18. brotherswing

Agreed. I didn't catch that one either.
  19. Prometheus_

Prometheus_ Well-Known Member

This request may seem silly, but I was wondering if, when you release a new update, in the post you make, you say something like...
    System Tweaks, Faster! or Can change looks more!

I know it's kinda silly but I tend to avoid updating every single time and that'd allow me to easily grasp if updating is necessary or simply pretty.
  20. brotherswing

Jerry tries to make every update worthwhile, from bug fixes to eye candy. Also, he keeps in sync with Cyanogen, so updates here also reflect updates and changes there. It isn't really as simple as saying "I've changed this, that, and the other" when there is so much going on behind the scenes, as it were. Don't get me wrong, I understand your point of view, but your request isn't silly so much as impractical.
    Prometheus_ and JerryScript like this.
  21. roym6

roym6 Well-Known Member

what is this? it is titled crash

#
    #Sun Dec 11 22:19:55 PST 2011
    User=jerryscript
    Brand=LGE
    TotalMem=179MB
    Local=en_US
    Model=LG-VM670
    AvailableMem=53.89MB
    Product=thunderc
    Device=thunderc
    Host=ubuntu
    Type=user
    Display=GWK74
    PhoneModel=LG-VM670
    VersionName=1.4.7
    Tags=test-keys
    Time=1 Jan 1970 00\:00\:00 GMT
    PackageName=great.app.luck
    FingerPrint=lge/thunderg/thunderg\:2.3.3/GRI40/LG-P500-V20g.19C11F164C\:user/release-keys
    AndroidVersion=2.3.7
    VersionCode=12
    CustomData=
    Board=thunderc
    Id=GRI40
    SDKVersion=10
    StackTrace=
    java.lang.SecurityException: Neither user 10074 nor current process has android.permission.WAKE_LOCK.
    at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1322)
    at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1276)
    at android.os.IPowerManager$Stub$Proxy.acquireWakeLock(IPowerManager.java:328)
    at android.os.PowerManager$WakeLock.acquire(PowerManager.java:253)
    at android.media.MediaPlayer.stayAwake(MediaPlayer.java:905)
    at android.media.MediaPlayer.start(MediaPlayer.java:818)
    at com.mp3download.music.playback.MediaPlaybackService$MultiPlayer.start(MediaPlaybackService.java:1457)
    at com.mp3download.music.playback.MediaPlaybackService$MultiPlayer$2.onPrepared(MediaPlaybackService.java:1504)
    at android.media.MediaPlayer$EventHandler.handleMessage(MediaPlayer.java:1311)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3835)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:864)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:622)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
  22. brotherswing

That is a system log. What happened? I know what this is, but I don't know how to interpret what it's trying to tell us. Jerry would know, or bigsupersquid.
  23. JerryScript

Looks like a bug report generated by a crashing app. Which media player are you using?
  24. brotherswing

This is way deeper into coding than my experience, but my Google fu did turn up this...
    http://www.codingtiger.com/questions/plugins/BrowserPlugin-crash-in-android-2.1-2.2.html
    Don't really know if it's related or not, but it has many of the same flags.
  25. unknownsoldi

unknownsoldi Well-Known Member

Ah. Didn't think to check the custom color option. Set the alpha to ~65% and it looks much better.

Is it yet possible to make the notification area transparent?