• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The Download link doesn't seem to work. It says unable to scan for virus click download anyway, I click it and nothing happens. I tried a few different browsers.

Just worked for me. Says unable to scan for viruses, but click to download anyway. I clicked and it started downloading. In fact I just did it 4 times, so now I have 4 copies.

Also, are you downloading on your computer or trying to download on your phone? It's 90MB file, so depending on how fast your connection is, you may have to wait. Do it on your computer.

Where do your downloads go? What is your default folder destination? I make mine my computer desktop so I SEE the files.

Upvote 0
Any way that I can flash this image with 2.2.1 rooted??

Maybe with LGNPST?? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

No this will definitely not work with lgnpst. There are however quite a few threads and videos on how to flash roms.

Here is video on how to flash roms I made a few weeks ago. Check out my channel it has quite a few videos about modding android phones. If your new you really wanna check it out here

Upvote 0
hey, guys, I came across this post and well, I had made a thread about other customs ROMS other than this one? can you guys tell me if you are running any other custom ROMS or is rom zero getting any updates?

Rom Zero will probably get one more update and then I may work on getting a cyanogen gingerbread port for the optimus m. I talked about it in the thread you made. Just now

Reactions: Aplus
Upvote 0
Sell your optimus m use the money to buy an optimus v and first or second month of payment on virgin save 300 bucks a year and have 3g service and good phone

P.S. better signal

Oh, CRAP! I WANT ONE!! I've only had my Optimus M since January; maybe I can get a decent price for it...

Dammit, the Virgin USA website is "out of stock" on that phone. Still...an Android phone with no-more-MetroPCS-1G-data-speeds?! SUH-WEET! :D

Upvote 0
02/21/11

Hmmm just noticed that all the optimus phones have gingerbread except the m. That's not fair. Didn't I just tweet something about that?
;)

Just now read this and had to do a double take. Seriously? LG has pushed Gingerbread to all the Optimus except ours? Where do you see that? I'm seeing no 2.3 updates yet. Sprint's official site still says 2.2. I think you are mistaken on this. Even doing a google search for LG Optimus 2.3 all I find is LG promises back in December 2010. Nothing from LG since then.

Even doing a search for custom 2.3 ROMs, I can't find any gingerbread custom roms for the Optimus, except for the Optimus One sold outside the USA. :thinking:

Please point me to some links. I don't think any LG Optimus in the USA (V, M, S, T, Ally) has Gingerbread on it, either through LG or custom rom.

I know you are working one -- THANKS! I just don't see any others, at least searching in Google.

=======

EDIT: Searching through the Android Forums I found a TEST 2.3 rom for Optimus S, still being developed:

Testing: Scott Pilgrim Awesomeness (CM7 Gingerbread) (Current: 03022011 Nightly) - Android Forums

But that's all.

Upvote 0
@chazzmatt

I meant cyanogenmod gingerbread roms. I already did some beta testing for the optimus m gingerbread rom some things work some don't. Right now all the hardware works (wifi, camera, bluetooth) but phone calls, data and mms don't.

Well that's no fun.....although my phone has been turned off again so I only need Wifi to do everything I need to do.

Upvote 0
Well that's no fun.....although my phone has been turned off again so I only need Wifi to do everything I need to do.

Yeah right now it's in alpha stages. But everything is moving along pretty well I can fix most of the problems with it no prob. Just don't have alot of time.

Andy .......... ( put's head down ) just get the v. :D

Upvote 0
I'm thinking about switching to tmobile or version. idk which one yet.
Metro has been pissing me off lately.

Honestly I like the virgin cuz it's no contract and it's 25 a month ( I don't talk much). But I do use the hell out of my web and in a jam use wireless tethering.

Anyways I got laid off today. the job I was working ended. I don't know whether or not I should do a smiley or sad face. So I'll be doing alot of dev work for the next ...... I don't know till the next one. So I'm gonna kick out a final update for rom zero that way there's a solid everything working rom. And then I'll finish what I started with gingerbread... unless metro beats me to it :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Asadullah,

Sorry to hear about the lay off, been there myself unfortunately. I get paid next week and will throw you a little something. Might not be much but every little bit helps, I know.

Good to know Rom zero is gonna get one final update. I love it and am greatfull for it. Not too sure how the Gingerbread situation is going other than the few Twitter snippets I've seen but I'm looking forward to you rolling it out. Metro won't beat you to the punch I assure you, lol.

Upvote 0
Honestly I like the virgin cuz it's no contract and it's 25 a month ( I don't talk much). But I do use the hell out of my web and in a jam use wireless tethering.

Anyways I got laid off today. the job I was working ended. I don't know whether or not I should do a smiley or sad face. So I'll be doing alot of dev work for the next ...... I don't know till the next one. So I'm gonna kick out a final update for rom zero that way there's a solid everything working rom. And then I'll finish what I started with gingerbread... unless metro beats me to it :rolleyes:

Sorry (I guess) about the layoff. And because you mentioned the Optimus V earlier in this thread--I went out and got one yesterday! I like it way better than the M (the M was my first smart-phone--I'd only gotten it in late December.)

Guess I should toss a lil' sumpin' your way, too... :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones