• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Access Help Please!!!!

MCPO117

Mar 26, 2010
Ohio
I have a friend that I rooted her Fascinate for her so she could use the barnacle tether. Everything has been good for the last couple weeks now when she tries to use barnacle is says she needs SU permissions. The SU icon is on there so I don't know why it can't find it. I tried unrooting using z4root the same way I rooted it originally but that does not get rid of the SU icon. I tried another free wifi tether program and it says the same thing so its not barnacle itself either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an X and have it all modded out but I'm unsure of how to reset a root on the Fascinate. Thanks folks.

That's what its looking like so far from what I've read. I've found the file that needs to be DL'ed. My only question from here is if I google odin for fascinate will that get me the program I actually need to run to install these files or is there an easier way to find the program itself?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones