• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root for gingerbread 2.3.3 + universal root guide

Did you root your phone successfully with this method?

• Total voters
Merged threads for similar content.
Thanks for understanding.:)
-damewolf13

I had to react and create a duplicate threat and wonder why the moderator or admin from Android Forums linked my original thread to some older version thread that is not expendable? I guess this days people are very lazzy to see the diference why should we use the brain in the end...unbelievable!

As you see this rooting method can be applyed on more Ace models: GT-S5830, GT-S5830B, GT-S5830C, GT-S5830D, GT-S5830i, GT-S5830L, GT-S5830M, GT-S5830T, GT-S5830Z, GT-S5839i, GT-S6802 (new)

How can this be merged thread when is not posted on the first page? As you can see people are confused they see only the first thread on the first page and give them no option that there is a second chance to root their phone. Please bring back the thread as it was separate.

Becouse this are the results: http://androidforums.com/ace-all-things-root/600868-cant-root-samsung-galaxy-ace-2-3-6-xwkt4.html#post4815745

Thanks for your understanding

Regards
StoneBoyTony

Reactions: 303kingsley
Upvote 0
So this is what I've done to try to smooth everything over:

I've made your (StoneBoyTony) post #2 instead of #92 in this thread. I've added a note to the #1 post saying that there is a universal guide in post 2, and changed the thread title to reflect that there is two guides. I've locked your duplicate thread, as it's redundant now, please keep the #2 post up to date.

I also do not appreciate snarky comments to anyone. Please keep your calm and use the
report.gif
report tool to report any posts or actions you have a problem with.

Please feel free to PM me with any further questions, problems, or other comments and I'll be happy to work with you to sort things out.

Thank you for your understanding!

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830T on ginger
Used unroot.zip to remove all previous attempts.
then universal_gb_c.c.b.s.f. . . .zip
followed by universal_gb_root_v19.zip
All worked perfect.

Now I am wanting to uninstall telstra "bloatware" hehe like that term, but when go to edit in the app screen cannot uninstall telstra apps.

Is there somewhere to give guide on how to use SuperSU? and if it all worked properly with v19 do i need to worry about v20 root zip.

Id just like to thank stony and all others for their increadibly valuble work. You make me and numerous others so happy :)

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I've just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Ace in China. Model number GT-S5835, i'm finding absolutely nothing on this phone, the only thing i found suggested this is the same as the GT-S5830 however its had additional chinese keyboards added etc.

I've tried 3 different zip files and they all produce the status 7 error that others have spoken about in this forum, any ideas why this would be?

I have also tried superoneclick however that didn't help either.

I'd really appreciate some help on this, I've had the phone for a day and can't wait to start personalizing it

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, i think i'm what you call a noob, be gentle & talk slowly, this may have been covered, but feel like i'm going blind looking for an answer, so apologies if this has been covered. Tried all the above and keep getting E: Error in /sdcard/upd_1.zip (status 7) installation aborted.
SGA GT-S5830,
Android 2.3.3
Gingerbread.XWKPN
I have already installed CWM v5.0.2.6.
Have tried some of thing mentioned on here like rename file etc, still nothing,
please help, thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
i tried rooting my samsung galaxy ace, it says installation complete but when i reboot its still the same nothing changed what can i do

what did you expected to change?? its a root, not a custom rom.
Try using any app that requires root and see if it works, that'll check if you rooted properly or not. There should also be the superuser app installed.

Upvote 0
This is my first post here. :) I just bought a Galaxy Ace 3 weeks ago & want to root it. Phone details are
My phone details are
Baseband verS5830DDKQ8
Kernal2.6.35.7-perf-CL972857 dpi@DELL166#1
Build No. GINGERBREAD DDKQ8
I presume that this is the latest firmware !!!. Can someone point me to the relevant files I will need & the step by step instructions (I find this thread v confusing) as I understand that, this action voids my warranty. Thanks.

PS I am also not v techie :(

Upvote 0
This is my first post here. :) I just bought a Galaxy Ace 3 weeks ago & want to root it. Phone details are
My phone details are
Baseband verS5830DDKQ8
Kernal2.6.35.7-perf-CL972857 dpi@DELL166#1
Build No. GINGERBREAD DDKQ8
I presume that this is the latest firmware !!!. Can someone point me to the relevant files I will need & the step by step instructions (I find this thread v confusing) as I understand that, this action voids my warranty. Thanks.

PS I am also not v techie :(

Your firmware is latest, method of rooting is easy, whats confusing is to find the right file. You just have to put the zip file in the sd card root, start phone in recovery mode(home+power button for S5830) and click install update.zip, and you'r done.
Whats problem is to see which method you will use, there is this method, there is also a universal root method, i don't know if there is any difference between them. Try any and see which works for you. Install root checker app to see if it worked or not, you should also see a superuser app installed in your phone if the root has worked. Good Luck.

Upvote 0
This is my first post and I hope it is in the right place etc..
I would like to root my phone s5830 XWKPY and have followed these instructions, but when I go into the update mode I get this error message :

--Appling Muti-CSC --
Can't access to '/system/csc/02U/system'

If I then select update from zip on the sd card I get

--Install /sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:can't open /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.
I have tried other versionsof the zip file with no success.

I have searched many forums for a solution and know several other people have the same problems, but as yet no specific answer or solution.

I and others would really appreciate some help!
Thanks

Upvote 0
I solve my problem replacing the SD card for a new one.
Seems like a lot of hard work. That link didnt work for me, phone plugged in and adobe wouldnt open in and neither would anything else. As you may have realised I am very non techinical and having no memory is doing my head in big time now. Any other ways of rooting my phone and what are the dangers of doing this? Laymans terms please guys :)

Upvote 0
hey so i got the galaxy ace GT-S5830D version 2.3.4gingerbread will this root work for my phone?? its the first time im rooting a phone. and do i need to write down and certian numbers and stuff to reenter after its been rooted? i heard there are certain things you should write down before you start :S

edit
and after i root the phone it still has the bloatware right? i need to install a rom to speed it up and clean it out right?

Upvote 0
hey so i got the galaxy ace GT-S5830D version 2.3.4gingerbread will this root work for my phone?? its the first time im rooting a phone. and do i need to write down and certian numbers and stuff to reenter after its been rooted? i heard there are certain things you should write down before you start :S

edit
and after i root the phone it still has the bloatware right? i need to install a rom to speed it up and clean it out right?

You don't have to write down anything or flash a custom rom just to remove bloatware.

Just download the zip file and follow the steps as given. It will take only 10 seconds to root.
To remove bloatware you need to access the root file system and delete the system apps that you don't like. You can use any root file explorer to do that or separate 3rd party apps to do that for you. You can also use titanium backup to remove system apps. I prefer to do it manually through root explorer, but choice is yours, whichever is convenient for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones