• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root helping please

zixxorb

Android Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2014
On the moon
I really need help. I have tried every root apk that I can find and nothing seems to work. Plus there's no drivers so pc is out of the question right now.

I want to root my tablet.
It's the Nextbook Ares 8 running Android 5.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

I am NOT recommending this, just mentioning its existence. It actually worked on the only phone I tried it with, with which I proceeded to brick it – my fault, not theirs. I have no idea if it would work on your phone, but it sure worked on mine...

Kingo Android ROOT

What’s good in rooting with Kingo Android ROOT?

Faster performance
Preserve battery life
Access root-only apps
Remove carrier bloatware
Customizable appearance
Attain admin level permission​

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: CYCONUMNUM
Upvote 0
I'm not sure how the linked XDA article doesn't match your device - isn't it for the one that you mentioned? :thinking:

Because if it is -

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

It's easier if you just go for the 32-bit version.

Install adb and fastboot, full Linux instructions here -

http://androidforums.com/threads/adb-guide-updated-2014-11-11.443072/#post-5389081

No drivers required. It's Linux.

The article linked at XDA assumes that adb is installed in the path.

You're more likely going to want to open a terminal window in the sdk-tools folder, and then where the instructions say -

adb etc etc

You'll want to say -

sudo ./adb etc etc

Custom recovery allows you to make nandroid backups, fix permissions, and wipe cache and Dalvik without having to do a factory data reset - and most of the wunder rooting apps are a waste of time - but you do as you think best.

And btw - having a bootable Linux on a USB stick in your arsenal means never having to say the following words again -
"I can't get XYZ connected, I don't have or can't get usb drivers working."

Upvote 0
This app didn't work either. Says no root process (or something similar)
Bro.. did you read on HOW this apk works &/or how to help enable it? SWAMP ur system RAM with a bunch of running APK's & junk - THEN run KR. May take several times but the "no Root" list on this thing is severely small. Keep Trying, you may get luckier than you think

Upvote 0
Bro.. did you read on HOW this apk works &/or how to help enable it? SWAMP ur system RAM with a bunch of running APK's & junk - THEN run KR. May take several times but the "no Root" list on this thing is severely small. Keep Trying, you may get luckier than you think

I read that whole page..... Just didn't follow any links.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones