• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root + OverclockWidget = Insane Battery Life 40+ Hours

Long idle times between use will see no improvement.

I disagree on a situational basis. These are factors for all of us however different (Radio Signal Strength, Number and Frequency of accounts syncing, GPS, WI-FI and any other of the 50,000 available apps). Anyone of them can be causing the phone not to idle down proper.

I was getting 15-20% battery loss over night in regular mode and 6-8%+ loss of battery in Airplane mode overnight.

I went to sleep last night with 79% battery and left in regular mode. 6 hours later I had lost 4% and was at 75%.

I think the moral of the story is results may vary and this works as atleast a pacification of terrible battery life for some of us.

Upvote 0
None, are you seeing a code 67 any where in that message. Go to settings. system updates, click update PRL, let me know if that takes care of it.

Is anyone else having an issue with mobile data after using unrevoked and installed the overclock widget? I cannot connect to sprints data network, tells me my username and password are wrong, help!

Upvote 0
Unrevoked and OCwidget(Screen off - I set to 19200min and 128000max - though I doubt that's actually taking effect.)

9:00am 86% Battery
10 85
11 83
12 81
1 76 (I took some pictures between 12 and 1 and sent a few txts..)

4g is on. Wifi/Bluetooth/gps off... it seems - on average that my trend is 2% battery loss per hour screen off.

Anyone able to post their losses before applying this?
BTW - Juice plotter IS pretty sweet - thanks to whoever posted about it.
Wish there was an app that showed milliamp usage...

Upvote 0
I have root and Overclock Widget. I have the CPU scale down to the 200 mhz range when screen off and 998 when screen on. Below is a screen shot after 21 hours off the charger at %49. This puts the phone at almost 2 days before a charge is needed.

This is not a root thread. Please do not ask for help rooting and lets keep it on topic! :)

Battery.png

how do i get this screen shot on my phone?

Upvote 0
This works brilliantly. I took my phone off the charger at 9:30am this morning and haven't been using the heaviest of usage but I've been sitting at work and messing with it here and there, downloading stuff, texting, etc. I've had wi-fi connected all day, a good amount of widgets, constant background syncing and at 3:40pm I'm only at 70%. This is way better than yesterday where I had pretty much everything disabled all day long and had less battery left at about the same time.

BTW - Juice plotter IS pretty sweet - thanks to whoever posted about it.
Wish there was an app that showed milliamp usage...

Juice Plotter is the best. I've found it very helpful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones