• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROOT] RegawMOD Hero Rooter v1.3 | Updated - 3/06/11

Yes but maybe it did not flash properly

Yes. Mostly likely you are right.

The same thing happened with someone else that I helped out yesterday in regards to the red triangle error. But then again, RegawMod is supposed to flash ClockworkMod Recovery automatically is it not?

Upvote 0
thanks for the help guys. first of all, i'm a new to rooting, so I may ask stupid or easy questions.

So as far as if I have flash the recovery, I thought RegawMOD Hero Rooter includes flashing the recovery. And like what others had mention, maybe it didn't flash correctly. If it didn't, Is this correct link to download the recovery, Nandroid v2.0 - Full NAND backup and restore tool (tried and tested!) - xda-developers? And how do I install it on my phone?

And do you guys recommend HTC Sense Android 2.2.1 V8.5 Deodexed, [ROM-DEV] HTC Sense Android 2.2.1 V8.5 Deodexed, WiFi:GPS:VVM Updated 11/20 - xda-developers, since I like sense UI, or do guys recommend vanilla android rom, because I heard it is more stable.

Upvote 0
Simply download Clockworkmod from the market, open and then hit flash a recovery

If you like sense Rom then yes, I prefer a Nonsense Rom like AOSP GB 2.3 Rom Myself

thanks for the help guys. first of all, i'm a new to rooting, so I may ask stupid or easy questions.

So as far as if I have flash the recovery, I thought RegawMOD Hero Rooter includes flashing the recovery. And like what others had mention, maybe it didn't flash correctly. If it didn't, Is this correct link to download the recovery, Nandroid v2.0 - Full NAND backup and restore tool (tried and tested!) - xda-developers? And how do I install it on my phone?

And do you guys recommend HTC Sense Android 2.2.1 V8.5 Deodexed, [ROM-DEV] HTC Sense Android 2.2.1 V8.5 Deodexed, WiFi:GPS:VVM Updated 11/20 - xda-developers, since I like sense UI, or do guys recommend vanilla android rom, because I heard it is more stable.

Upvote 0
Simply download Clockworkmod from the market, open and then hit flash a recovery

If you like sense Rom then yes, I prefer a Nonsense Rom like AOSP GB 2.3 Rom Myself

i installed the app from the marketplace an ran the recovery option, everything seem to backup fine except these two. Here is what is said.

Backing up data...
No /sdcard/.android_secure found
skipping backup of applications on external storage

Backing up cache...
No sd-ext found.
skipping backup of sd-ext.

Should I be concern with this?

Upvote 0
No that is normal

i installed the app from the marketplace an ran the recovery option, everything seem to backup fine except these two. Here is what is said.

Backing up data...
No /sdcard/.android_secure found
skipping backup of applications on external storage

Backing up cache...
No sd-ext found.
skipping backup of sd-ext.

Should I be concern with this?

Reactions: imek
Upvote 0
Ha! That question actually answered a question I had for a while. ;)

I wondered if doing a Nandroid backed up the apps you had moved to your microSD card in Android 2.2+ ROMs. I was always worried I would have to move my apps back to internal storage for them to be backed up in a Nandroid. It looks like you do not have to. That is great! :D

Reactions: imek
Upvote 0
Great to hear, happy Rom flashing now ;)

Thanks Regaw ,DonB, and Android Forums. This is my first time ever attempting a root and it couldn't have been easier. I decided to try and see if i could update my Hero and literally within 30 minutes of finding this forum, i was running Android 2.3 via Regaw root and CM7 rom. Works perfectly!!

Upvote 0
NP bro enjoy your phone, and if you need anything else simply ask, we will respond

Thank you to you all. Just rooted and installed GB yesterday, hit a few snages, but found answers to all on various threads. Hate to single any one person out because I found a lot of info, but thanks a lot to DonB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones