• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
okay, not sure if this kernel was supposed to have cwmr in it, but could not start recovery. Did adb shell ls -l /system/sbin, output says No such file or directory.

there is
/system/xbin
/system/bin
and
/sbin

in /sbin there is veventd, fat.format, dfta, adbd, and recovery

in /system/modules is bcm4329.ko

Don't know if any of this helps, let me know what you need and I will do my best to get it posted for you. Thank you for all your help.

Upvote 0
okay, not sure if this kernel was supposed to have cwmr in it, but could not start recovery. Did adb shell ls -l /system/sbin, output says No such file or directory.

there is
/system/xbin
/system/bin
and
/sbin

in /sbin there is veventd, fat.format, dfta, adbd, and recovery

in /system/modules is bcm4329.ko

Don't know if any of this helps, let me know what you need and I will do my best to get it posted for you. Thank you for all your help.

Beat me to the punch lol. Sbin isn't located in system, its at root. /sbin, not /system/sbin

Upvote 0
will there ever be a way to unbrick it if you accidentally forgot to unclick repartition if anyone could answer that wouldhelp alot

Eventually. Shabby is working on it. These things don't always happen over night, it takes time and resources to figure out.

I'm not trying to insult people but those of you that repartitioned.. its your fault. It was clearly stated multiple times in multiple places to make sure it was unchecked. You guys need to stop hounding about this. He's trying to make it happen, and honestly he doesn't have too. He doesn't even have this phone or even on our carrier, so lets be thankful shabby is even using his time to help us.

Reactions: genovdot
Upvote 0
Eventually. Shabby is working on it. These things don't always happen over night, it takes time and resources to figure out.

I'm not trying to insult people but those of you that repartitioned.. its your fault. It was clearly stated multiple times in multiple places to make sure it was unchecked. You guys need to stop hounding about this. He's trying to make it happen, and honestly he doesn't have too. He doesn't even have this phone or even on our carrier, so lets be thankful shabby is even using his time to help us.
thanks for the answer i know that its my fault i went a little recless and impatient i knew to have it unclicked and i did but it didnt work the first or second time i tryed to root it the third time was when i forgot im not trying to push anyone into making the recovery im extreamly greatful for all the work that is being put into it and i just wanted to know if it would come but i look forward to it :D

Upvote 0
So it seems for the Indulge, SCH-R910 kernel code was jacked too, in the same way as this code. All of the RFS/BML stuff was released as precompiled from Samsung, which is what I've been working on. Since we got the repack working finally, the fastest course to cwmr seems to be repacking the initramfs from the Indulge with the mods to accommodate the different modules. The partitions and drivers are so similar its kinda sick, as is some of the stuff from the original Gtab. BUT, my wife had a medical emergency and I've had to take care of her for the last three weeks and have said maybe ten words on IRC and this is the most typing I've done also. Summer vacation is upon us so hopefully time will turn to favor us again. Enjoy the heat!

Upvote 0
So it seems for the Indulge, SCH-R910 kernel code was jacked too, in the same way as this code. All of the RFS/BML stuff was released as precompiled from Samsung, which is what I've been working on. Since we got the repack working finally, the fastest course to cwmr seems to be repacking the initramfs from the Indulge with the mods to accommodate the different modules. The partitions and drivers are so similar its kinda sick, as is some of the stuff from the original Gtab. BUT, my wife had a medical emergency and I've had to take care of her for the last three weeks and have said maybe ten words on IRC and this is the most typing I've done also. Summer vacation is upon us so hopefully time will turn to favor us again. Enjoy the heat!

So your the secret weapon? Lol.

Upvote 0
Somebody try this. Have the stock kernel ready in case of a borkinheimer.

http://www.waywardpilgrim.net/android/samsung/sch-r920/sch-r920-voodoo-kernel-0.0.5.tar

Know I'm coming to the party EXTREMELY late, but my wife insists she needs her phone rooted, so figured I may as well help with the cause. If you're not part of the solution and all...

Anyway... xInterlopeRx: Flashed the latest .tar and well... it didn't seem to have ANY effect on the phone. Both root checker and su verify that I don't have proper root access. Willing to test all future builds, just PM me. Not as handy on the coding part, but can be walked through whatever needs to be done. Thanks for all the great work thus far to everyone involved.

Upvote 0
I Might Just Upgrade to the connect or the esteem because this forum have not even made it past root yet, If i had a faster computer i would do all the research i could a create a recovery and roms. ill get there one day but like i was saying this forum is DEAD.....well no let me say that again it is washed up on a island far far away from all the other phones.

i check this forum everyday just praying that i would atleast see work getting done but no only the same stuff over and over and over and over and over again.

I really hate that metro even made this phone now cause there is nothing more to be done to it, Im not mad you guys im just frustrated. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Thankx again to all the people like shab and geo and others for atleast getting the baby to crawl, now once it walks it learns, develop and it talks if you know what i mean ;)

Upvote 0
I Might Just Upgrade to the connect or the esteem because this forum have not even made it past root yet, If i had a faster computer i would do all the research i could a create a recovery and roms. ill get there one day but like i was saying this forum is DEAD.....well no let me say that again it is washed up on a island far far away from all the other phones.

i check this forum everyday just praying that i would atleast see work getting done but no only the same stuff over and over and over and over and over again.

I really hate that metro even made this phone now cause there is nothing more to be done to it, Im not mad you guys im just frustrated. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Thankx again to all the people like shab and geo and others for atleast getting the baby to crawl, now once it walks it learns, develop and it talks if you know what i mean ;)

I'm grabbing a connect this Friday or Saturday and donating (at least for a time) my attain to acs. Official as of today due to a $100 tip I got.
I love it when our customers have too much money to spend.

Reactions: DwayneE75
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones