• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Merit] [ROOT] update.zip [ROOT]

Thanks, I'll try it. It's an updated version I'm assuming??? Cuz I've already downloaded it and rooted my phone using the the update.zip from the first post a few months ago. It worked great for awhile. I'm not able to recieve updates for existing apps or download new apps cuz it says memory is too low??

i think its probably the same(unless the update got that many DLs). as long as you are still rooted it won't affect you.

you should look into partitioning your sdcard, that puts a section on your sdcard where apps can go, so you have more internal storage

apps are internal storage, stuff like pictures and music are external

Upvote 0
Video was very helpful since screens are so small on android phones and could be played on desktop while tudoring us with directions. Androids are much like pc windows but hard to follow without large screen. You got me rooted first shot and I was happy to have landed on a superior experienced user's hands unlike allot of other unfortunate people's
First encounter! Thank you! All though I had your expertise I made the unforgivable error just when everything was going my way! Lol I managed to have a slip of the finger when deleting bloatware from phone stock. I only made one slip but it was a disaster by deleting google market app downloader!! o_O Ugh! Haha Was zipping along and new that was a no no! When I went to uncheck it from app remover with superuser permission I accidentally fumbled the phone and It even asked me if I was sure but I was all thumbs and needless to say I lost my google market app loader! :/ Feeling like the Wind just got taken out of my sail and even though I backed it up before I thought since I was at stock level I might slide by with factory reset and somehow lost the backup on sd card when I should have backed it up to a Cloud? Please since this forum has a tendency to remove or move some of your restore links can you PLEASE HELP! I understand basics on computers but android I have much to learn ole Wise One! The Force is weak with this one so please give me a link mediafire hasn't moved from your sites and have a laugh at my expense! :) My e- mail is aquapools2014@gmail.com or respond to me here but I am new to this site but will be having many people I know with this starter Walmart phone that will be sending you praises for you expertise. I know not to repost your work so send them to you. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

Upvote 0
almost 20,000 downloads to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• root downloads 2.png
    root downloads 2.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: teachmehow
Upvote 0
almost 20,000 downloads to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a fantastic and simple way to root the ZTE Merit! I've had my phone for almost 2 years now and have continually had to deal with the "low memory" message... until now! I rooted my phone using this method almost a month ago and have been nothing but happy ever since! I look forward to more of the great work that comes from the developers of this site. Thank you all for your hard, time-consuming work! Thanks, Stayboogy, for making this so easy even a "computer-illiterate" newbie like me could do it! :D

Upvote 0
how to root zte warp sequent n861 without PC or with PC and some apps say its rooted but needs proper root access HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppppppppmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you're not going to get any help this way...

post in the correct forum for help with your device.

this is clearly for the ZTE MERIT.............

Upvote 0
Hello. I have been reading and even watched the video on how to root this particular device. I am currently using it to respond to your posts on thissubject i did download the update.zip. at forst phone couldnt open the file so i downloaded app for opening zip files im not a " complete noob ", just very inexperienced at rooting phones.
I was wondering if you could help me?
Again the type of phone i have is a Tmobile Concord Ztw V768 with Android 2.3.7......
Any help would be appreciated. My brain cant seem to figure it out . But i do understand ....ironic ...isnt it?

Upvote 0
Hello. I have been reading and even watched the video on how to root this particular device. I am currently using it to respond to your posts on thissubject i did download the update.zip. at forst phone couldnt open the file so i downloaded app for opening zip files im not a " complete noob ", just very inexperienced at rooting phones.
I was wondering if you could help me?
Again the type of phone i have is a Tmobile Concord Ztw V768 with Android 2.3.7......
Any help would be appreciated. My brain cant seem to figure it out . But i do understand ....ironic ...isnt it?

You're in the wrong section.

Upvote 0
Code:
ui_print("****************************************");
ui_print("* Created by Modding.MyMind *");
ui_print("*   Rooting your Device   *");
ui_print("");

show_progress(1.000000, 0);
ui_print("Mounting filesystems...");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/data");
set_progress(0.100000);

# Delete old files that may interfere.
ui_print("Preparing install...");
delete("/data/dalvik-cache/system@app@Superuser.apk@classes.dex","/system/bin/su","/system/xbin/su","/system/app/Superuser.apk","/system/app/Superuser.odex","/data/app/Superuser.apk","/system/xbin/daemonsu","/system/bin/.ext/.su","/system/etc/install-recovery.sh","/system/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon","/system/etc/.has_su_daemon","/system/etc/.installed_su_daemon","/system/app/SuperUser.apk","/system/app/SuperUser.odex","/system/app/superuser.apk","/system/app/superuser.odex","/system/app/Supersu.apk","/system/app/Supersu.odex","/system/app/SuperSU.apk","/system/app/SuperSU.odex","/system/app/supersu.apk","/system/app/supersu.odex");
set_progress(0.200000);

ui_print("Extracting files...");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
set_progress(0.300000);

ui_print("Setting SU permissions...");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/bin/su");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/bin/.ext/.su");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/otasurvival.sh");
set_progress(0.400000);

ui_print("Symlinking SU Binary for Root...");
symlink("/system/bin/su", "/system/xbin/su");
set_progress(0.500000);

ui_print("Setting SuperSU permissions...");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/app/Superuser.apk");
set_perm(1000, 1000, 0755, "/data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu");
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0755, 0755, "/data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu/lib");
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0600, "/data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu/cache");
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0771, "/data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu/cache/com.android.renderscript.cache");
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0771, "/data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu/requests");
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0771, "/data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu/logs");
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0771, "/data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu/files");
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0660, "/data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu/shared_prefs");
set_progress(0.600000);
set_progress(0.800000);

# Unmounting filesystems...
ui_print("Unmounting filesystems...");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/data");
set_progress(0.900000);
ui_print("");

set_progress(1.000000);
ui_print("*          Install Complete!           *");

There is nothing new about your rooting method. Its been around for ages, and is a very logical concept across practically any device. Take a look at my script above and visualize its setup via folders, subfolders, and files. ;-). I wouldn't really say you are the original.... At best, a good contributor to your community.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones