• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Aigo M80

tripsigg

Lurker
May 3, 2012
It's a bear to root, but doable. Warning: You can brick the tablet if you try to root it.

The Aigo M80 runs 4.0.3. I'm using Chinese firmware(I bought it in China and it doesn't have access to Android market) so it might or might not work with an export tablet.

1) Download the file at this link:
??????????_????

2) Extract the file and then copy the files in the adb folder into the root folder otherwise the .bat won't work.

3) Make sure you have USB debugging enabled and a generic ADB driver so the ADB will work.

4) Plug in your tablet and then run the .bat with the Chinese characters.

5) It will shut down the tablet one time and then reboot it. When it's rebooted, hit any key and it will shut it down a second time. When it reboots this time, it will just go past the Aigo logo and then the screen goes dark.

Aside: if you are like me, you'll freak out and think that the program failed or you bricked your tablet at this stage. Actually if you stop at this stage, your tablet is bricked. (I had to start all over again from the beginning and then hit enter even though I wasn't sure it was rebooted)

6) After waiting a short time, go ahead and hit any key and continue. It should reboot for you and then be rooted. It's kind of cryptic the message it gives but just hit any key to end the process and you should be rooted. Only unplug it once the program has terminated.

It think it rebooted 3 times, but it might have been 4 times. Just keep with it.

I've rooted a half a dozen Android phones and tablets and this was the only one that actually made me freak out and think I bricked it so if you are not fully prepared to brick your tablet then don't do it.

This isn't a how to, just details on what I did.

I have just come back from a trip to China where I bought the Aigopad M80. I would like to try and get the pad to use Google Play. Tried installing Google Play and discovered that won't work, and now I believe the device needs to be root'ed before Google Play can be configured to run?

Since you are the only reference I have found regarding the Aigopad M80 and rooting the device, I was hoping you might be able to help provide some more detailed instructions on how you root'ed the M80. Since I am a newbie in this area I wanted to get something a little more detailed before I proceeded.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hey, I came back from Thailand couple of weeks ago, and i bought the Aigopad M80D. I don`t know much about rooting, because it`s the first time i ever had the device of that kind.
Anyway, I didn`t find anything related to the M80D in terms of rooting, but i did find this. Is it possible to root my tablet with your guide? I really can`t tell the difference between M80 and M80D, since they both run on 4.0.3, but there must be something more to it, right?
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones