• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting problems

ScreaMz

May 21, 2014
Ok so i went on with a how to rookie root my xoom 4.1.2 and i did all what it say and I have superuser on my xoom now but I don't understand, it's saying I don't have root access though? Any ideas? I tried the terminal emulator to see if it was rooted and it said permission denied and then I tried root checker also and that said no root access. . So can some one please help?

Root means that the su binary is installed. The Superuser app just allows su to ask YOU if the particular app requesting root should be allowed to get it.

Your problem is probably that su never installed (you have to have temporary root to install it - the program you used may not have been written properly, or the wrong exploit to get temporary root may have been used.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones