• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting/superuser not working properly

i previously had successfully rooted my micromax a73 with the "unlockroot" software.but now i think (may be)due to some unusual things done by me, my superuser or more specifically the root has malfunctioned.
problems i am facing are as follows:
1.)rootchecker now says "you dont have proper root access".
2.)i feel that setcpu and batterysaver app are still working (may be i dont know exactly!).the notification icon shows that this two are working (may be).
3.)seeder app says that it is denied superuser permission.
4.)while i try to update su binary it says "gaining root access-Fail".
5.)And when i see the super user logs it depicts/says that it had "allowed root access" to all the above mentioned apps!!

so i tried to root it again with unlockroot tool but it gives error that "failed to get shell root"

then i tried it with "superoneclickroot" tool but didn't work

then i tried to root with "gingerbreak" didn't work for me either.
also tried "z4mod" for 3-4 hours but no result.

i even tried the "cmd method" from the following link
"http://micromaxa73.blogspot.in/2012/05/micromax-a73-i-learn-commits-error.html?showComment=1365504901649#c8946717696967792024"
but gives errors (if u want i can elaborate my errors).

i was going to try your method of "http://androidforums.com/a73-all-things-root/580847-way-root-a73-working-cwm-recovery-flashing-cwm-recovery-method-a73.html"
but i think it requires internet access while my device is connected in debug mode. but i use internet through my phone only (by usb tethering).

i am fed up:eek: of surfing the internet and trying all the various methods provided by different devs for rooting my micromax a73.
so i plz request you to see through my problems and come up with a rea good solution too....
if u have got any more queries about my device or my problems plz ask me
but do give your brilliant solutions soon....

hoping for earnest replies thank you:)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones