• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S2 battery and rebooting problem

Hello everyone

My S2 has been rebooting constantly on its own and the battery would never fully charge, it would be fine and then reboot and the battery would show only 11%. I thought it may be a battery problem so I bought a brand new battery and it is still doing the same thing.

It will not fully charge, at least it shows it isn't. When it reboots the battery will show like 3% or something. When it doesn't reboot the power off/airplane mode/restart option pops up all the time.

Is this something a factory reset will fix or do I have a bigger problem?

I should also mention my carrier is not on the list of forums, I am with Appalachian Wireless and is CDMA. Thanks in advance for any help!

I just replaced the USB circuit board in my S2 last week. Phone would not shut completely off unless I took out the battery. Would fully charge but would not hold a charge for more than 4 hours even just on standby. Showed the charging icon when it wasn't being charged. Told me to unplug the charger when it wasn't plugged in. Generally behaved very sluggish. Brightness level came and went, and sometimes would not go to full brightness, even when well charged. Would only turn on when the USB cord was plugged in. All very weird behavior.

You can buy the USB port circuit board on eBay for $6.00. Installation is all plugs and screws - no soldering required. You tube has plenty of videos showing how. Took me about twenty-five minutes with a small jeweler's screwdriver, a pair of tweezers and a guitar pick for tools.

Phone is now back to it's old normal self.

EDIT 8-9-14: Well, not completely normal. While the new USB board corrected all the weird behavior, I found the phone unable to do voice to text without yelling into the mic from 1 inch away, and I needed to speak louder when talking as well. Turns out the microphone on the replacement board was substandard. Also found on closer examination that it did not match my original mic in appearance. I installed a new board today with mic that matches my original exactly, and now all voice functions are back to normal. Before ordering your part, take off the back of the case and look at your USB board to make sure you get an exact match.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones