• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Safely wiping out Evo 4G

jrdba

Lurker
Dec 8, 2010
Hi folks. I have recently changed my phone to a Nexus S 4g and am in the process of selling my old HTC Evo 4g phone. I was wondering what the best method is to completely format/wipe out the Evo 4g so that any of my personal information will not be available to the new owner? I know there is a 'factory reset' option for the phone, but what about the SD card that comes with the evo 4g? I know of the 'format SD card' option as well, but was wondering if there were any other advanced methods i should invest my time in. Thanks in advance folks.

I was wondering what the best method is to completely format/wipe out the Evo 4g so that any of my personal information will not be available to the new owner?

settings-sd and phone storage-factory reset.

but what about the SD card that comes with the evo 4g?

Just connect to a pc in Disk Drive mode and delete everything on the card, or format it through Windows. Do this before you factory reset, so when you do the reset, android will automatically put the folders that it needs back on the card.

Reactions: jrdba
Upvote 0
is it rooted?

there is a mod.. that completely wipes the phone .. for new custom ROMs to be flashed. but you have to rooted to use it.

the SDcard.. just use your PC to do a full format .. then copy your music to it; fill it up.. full format again.

although.. i think this is a little overkill.. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones