• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SAMSUNG flashing screen

djb28

Android Enthusiast
Dec 16, 2010
I tried to put JTs on the phone. When it started it said conversion failed and just hung on the screen that said Samsung with the number of the program next to it.
So i put it in download mode and put clockwork back on it and restarted. It just blinks samsung when i start it.

So i did it again and this time i cleared the cache and reset it to factory. The phone goes through the motions and says everything is set. I restart it and it just blinks on a black screen, samsung. Did i mess this thing up?

It allows me to get in the system / download screen and do what i want. I am missing something

UPDATE.
I try to back up from my SD it loads all the info from recovery zip. i choose the image to restore clockwork mod recovery v2.5.1.0
and then it checks MD5 sums.
restoring system...goes through files
at the end it says..
cant ount /dev/block/mcblk0p2
file exists
cant mount data.

I tried to put JTs on the phone. When it started it said conversion failed and just hung on the screen that said Samsung with the number of the program next to it.
So i put it in download mode and put clockwork back on it and restarted. It just blinks samsung when i start it.

So i did it again and this time i cleared the cache and reset it to factory. The phone goes through the motions and says everything is set. I restart it and it just blinks on a black screen, samsung. Did i mess this thing up?

It allows me to get in the system / download screen and do what i want. I am missing something

UPDATE.
I try to back up from my SD it loads all the info from recovery zip. i choose the image to restore clockwork mod recovery v2.5.1.0
and then it checks MD5 sums.
restoring system...goes through files
at the end it says..
cant ount /dev/block/mcblk0p2
file exists
cant mount data.

ok...so you can get into cwr.....when you say tried jts...do you mean voodoo kernel?

i mean worst case scenario you can use adryns all in one dio1 odin package...that should set you back to stock

Upvote 0
The file says GT1900

I can get in to Android System Recovery

All i can do is.
Reboot system. Do that it blinks Samsung

Apply sdcard, update zip. faied to open / sd card/update.zip. no such file or directory.
E signature verification failed
install aborted.

wipe data/ factory reset

wipe cache partition.

been trying stuff all day. looking grim

I can pull battery and get in download mode. But i can not seem to get anything to load in the thing. Dont know how other than try odin to load in the zips, and it will do 2 but fail on the 3rd

Upvote 0
The file says GT1900

I can get in to Android System Recovery

All i can do is.
Reboot system. Do that it blinks Samsung

Apply sdcard, update zip. faied to open / sd card/update.zip. no such file or directory.
install aborted.

wipe data/ factory reset

wipe cache partition.

Sounds like your missing the update.zip for clockwork recovery....put the phone in download mode and odin cwr back on...,then once your in cwr you.can flash a rom and be good to go

Upvote 0
Odin lets me put the clockwork on. I restart it and hold up down button and start for recovery mode. apply sdcard update and that is where it fails and says.

E:failed to open / sd card/update.zip. no such file or directory.
install aborted.

Is there a way to put something on the sd card manually through a card reader? I am out of ideas to get this working.

Upvote 0
ok. i got the CWR to load. Then i loaded Stock-i500-VZW-System.tar.md5. and it passed. But the phone still wont turn on. What else do i need to load on this. I feel i am close.

Hmmm....at this point your best bet may be to start clean with adrynalynes dio1 all in one odin...,its in the root section....im on my phone otherwise id link it for you

Reactions: djb28
Upvote 0
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS HOLY $%#@ IT WORKS! Ok, Now i get to start over and try again! LOL. I feel better now about messing up!

I will be donating BIG TIME! As soon as i get this straight.

I still have an issue after installing clockwork. When i boot in to recovery mode and try to instal zip i still get an error that it can not be found. therefore i can not get in to clockwork mod. i downloaded rom manager. it wont reboot into recovery from the icon. manualy it will but wont instal the zip. so i downloaded my back up root. . when i try to open it , it says my phone does not have root access. how do i get access? i had it before i messed it up. lol

I still dont know how to get the GT1900 on the phone. That is what messed me up. I thought i followed it properly.

Thanks man. You have helped me alot today.

Upvote 0
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS HOLY $%#@ IT WORKS! Ok, Now i get to start over and try again! LOL. I feel better now about messing up!

I will be donating BIG TIME! As soon as i get this straight.

I still have an issue after installing clockwork. When i boot in to recovery mode and try to instal zip i still get an error that it can not be found. therefore i can not get in to clockwork mod. i downloaded rom manager. it wont reboot into recovery from the icon. manualy it will but wont instal the zip. so i downloaded my back up root. . when i try to open it , it says my phone does not have root access. how do i get access? i had it before i messed it up. lol

I still dont know how to get the GT1900 on the phone. That is what messed me up. I thought i followed it properly.

Thanks man. You have helped me alot today.

the dio1 odin will wipe out root and cwr i believe...you ll have to push cwr again and probably the prerooted dio1 system package from xda in odin...then flash it in rom manager

Reactions: djb28
Upvote 0
I do not know what that is.

" prerooted dio1 system package from xda in odin"

Is it a file i have already used?

Never Mind. Just a Typo. I know what you mean. Gotta look out for us Noobs. Take things literal!
I am downloading it now and will Load it. Then i should load 05 back on top? And got from there with what i want to do?

Upvote 0
R
I do not know what that is.

" prerooted dio1 system package from xda in odin"

Is it a file i have already used?

Never Mind. Just a Typo. I know what you mean. Gotta look out for us Noobs. Take things literal!
I am downloading it now and will Load it. Then i should load 05 back on top? And got from there with what i want to do?

Just make sure you are all squared away with root on dio1....then dj05 should be fine. :)

Upvote 0
Hate to bother with the same issue but it still does it. I installed the dj01 ( or is it dio? I have not found anything that reads dio?) Can you help? Maybe that is the issue?

and cwr. Restart it in recovery apply sdcard zip and it still reads.. E: Failed to open /scard/update.zip(no such file or directory) E: signature verification failed installation aborted.

Upvote 0
Update. I was able to get into ROM manager. Download ROM Installed jt1134/superclean dj05. Phone restarts and gives me that same message as above. I do not know whats going on. Guess i should get me a Moto Razor! Still havent found dio1 in a file i can select from odin. Only a zip file . I have tried placing the files on my card manually, but i can catch it when i boot up. is there a "dio1 system.tar" i can use?

Upvote 0
GOT IT! UPDATE.ZIP. I manually applied it to my sd. applied cw again. restarted phone in recovery and applied update.zip. so easy, but i couldnt figure it out until a day later!

I replaced it and it works just like before. Thanks again for heading me in the right direction. Now i know how to fix that problem!

Upvote 0
GOT IT! UPDATE.ZIP. I manually applied it to my sd. applied cw again. restarted phone in recovery and applied update.zip. so easy, but i couldnt figure it out until a day later!

I replaced it and it works just like before. Thanks again for heading me in the right direction. Now i know how to fix that problem!

My phone is constantly flashing samsung and I don't know what to do. Could you pleaseeee possibly explain to me what you did to fix your problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones