• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy A03s ---- not so good.

AppleUser

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2011
Today I checked out the new Samsung cell phone, selling for about $160. After just ten minutes, did not enjoy it. Here is why:

1. The side buttons were too flush
2. The power on/off had an indented contour to the case
3. The screen was milky - - - not vivid.
4. When removing the phone from my ear, the screen did not activate. It remained off. Maybe this is a setting?
5. Definitely slower than my A51..

However, outstanding was the speakerphone, voice transmission, and voice receiving. Very crisp/clear.

Anyone else tried this model and have comments?

I just got one and am a bit miffed at some of its things that don't work well. Foremost is that it won't connect to open wi-fi when I'm away from my home. Thus, I have no internet unless I'm at home. There must be some way to get the phone to pick up roaming wi-fi like my previous Samsung phone, but I have no idea. The support for Tracfone is just awful anymore. They can't (or won't) answer my questions. It's a nicer phone in some ways than my former one, but it's very hard to figure out the internet thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones