• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung galaxy s i9000 network issue

Rephiscorth

Feb 1, 2011
hello, im new to the forums. I own a samsung galaxy s and i wanted to update it to froyo 2.2. Since i live in Panama, my network company is Cable&Wireless, and they dont have the update yet via Kies. So i tried doing it by tutorials on internet.

i instaled i9000XXJP2 and after 2 hours of using it, it stopped receiving 3G, and sometimes my signal crashes and i cant make calls after all. i called to my network company and they say they have problems with the data plan, so the 3G thing is not so important right now because it could be them. what worries me is about the signal stuff, i mean, should i have an specific firmware so it can work with my network company (71401), or something like that? and if so, what is that firmware or how to know. thanks

edit: it appears it has something to be with the band, i have to enable 850 or something like that. which i did, so i guess i now have to configure the APN, but i cant find any information of how to configure it, my carrier is Cable & Wireless Panama, any ideas :D ?

edit 2: i found a firmware that is working with 850Mhz, but i have flashed my device so many times already, so i think i need an CSC file for my country or something (?)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones