• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs HTC One X

I just want to post my two cents. I have been trying to decide on the One X or the S3 for AT&T for about 2 weeks now. I am choosing the S3 because of two things. One, the 2GB of RAM future proofs it more. Two, the S3 is root ready. With the One X, I already noticed plenty of lag on my side by side comparison at the store. Yes, I know it's mostly Sense causing that, but getting one that can be rooted is a toss up.

Upvote 0
I just want to post my two cents. I have been trying to decide on the One X or the S3 for AT&T for about 2 weeks now. I am choosing the S3 because of two things. One, the 2GB of RAM future proofs it more. Two, the S3 is root ready. With the One X, I already noticed plenty of lag on my side by side comparison at the store. Yes, I know it's mostly Sense causing that, but getting one that can be rooted is a toss up.

Its an HTC phone. It can always be rooted. HTC provides the root method

Sense 4.0 is laggy. But sense 4.1 is already rolled out and gets rid of the lag

Upvote 0
Yes but doesn't HTC rooting / unlocking require you go through the HTC official site, which may void the warranty?

Also, Sense UI is nice but bloated. My Evo 3D has had the black screen of death several times, through different software versions. I have never had this happen with any other Android phone.

I am personally not going to buy HTC in the foreseeable future. I love my Samsung S3, and will also get the Note 2 when it comes to the US. Personally it's a no brainer - the Samsung phones are the bar. HTC will need to really improve the quality and features of its products to try to catch up.

Upvote 0
Yes but doesn't HTC rooting / unlocking require you go through the HTC official site, which may void the warranty?

Also, Sense UI is nice but bloated. My Evo 3D has had the black screen of death several times, through different software versions. I have never had this happen with any other Android phone.

I am personally not going to buy HTC in the foreseeable future. I love my Samsung S3, and will also get the Note 2 when it comes to the US. Personally it's a no brainer - the Samsung phones are the bar. HTC will need to really improve the quality and features of its products to try to catch up.
When was the last time you sent your phone back to the manufacturer for replacement? My point being, for more users at least here in the US the carrier handles warranty service. The manufacturer warranty is pretty useless.

Anyway, none of that should really matter because there are ways to minimize what information is used in the unlocking process.

Upvote 0
HI everyone i got a galaxy s3 a few weeks ago from verizon and i love it and ive been looking up when the jelly bean update would come out and it said october (i know im posting in the wrong place but im new here so i have no idea where else to post) but any way about a few hours ago i did a check for update on my phone just for shits and giggles and to my disbelief it said there was a software update , i currently have jelly bean on my verizon galaxy s3 how is this possible?? if the jelly bean update wasnt even out yet if anyone else got the same update let me know what you think or if anyone has any ideas thanks

Upvote 0
What the primary different between touchwiz and sense UI?

The difference is they are just made by two different manufactuers. All they are is an overlay on top of aosp android look.

Compared to stock aosp, both are going to be weighed down.

TouchWiz is faster, smoother and contains less bloatware. It is also more reliable .

Sense is slower, laggier and also has a lot of bloatware. It crashes a lot more.

Spoken like a Samsung s3 owner :p

Touchwiz just doesn't do it for me. The crayola coloring scheme they took just doesn't please my eyes.

Frankly, software can always be changed. Great hardware is what you should be looking for when comparing devices.

In that regard, the s3 and one x are neck and neck. Go play with them in a store and decide what's for you

Upvote 0
Spoken like a Samsung s3 owner :p

Touchwiz just doesn't do it for me. The crayola coloring scheme they took just doesn't please my eyes.

Frankly, software can always be changed. Great hardware is what you should be looking for when comparing devices.

In that regard, the s3 and one x are neck and neck. Go play with them in a store and decide what's for you

Spoken like an evo user:p

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

As an owner of the S3 and someone who has tried the HTC One X, I prefer TouchWiz 4 over Sense 4.

TouchWiz 4 is much more advanced, refined and smooth compared to the slow and bloatware-filled Sense 4.

Sense's aesthetics are way too cartoonish and lacks solid touch. And the HTC One X has many problems like the video camera only records at 19FPS, problems with Internet connectivity due to poor antenna quality and build quality issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones