• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung galaxy S5 turning off

kat28

Lurker
Dec 21, 2014
Hello. So about 6 months ago, I got my hands on a Samsung galaxy S5 device. As from the beginning, it used to turn off on its own, but did it maybe once in two or three weeks, so at the time it did not bother me much. In the mean time I continued to use it and at times I used to have those mini incidents where I dropped my phone. My phone is protected by a hard plastic case. Since that happened it started to turn off on its own more regularly. Now I have arrived at a point where it not only turns off on its own but when i try to turn it on again, nothing happens and I have to remove the battery and restart like that. Any ideas of what could be going on please or what I could do, apart from taking it to the shop again? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

On the surface it would seem that there has been some physical damage to the phone.

Normally, pulling the battery will cure what ails the device.

However, before going back to the shop, I would back up all of your apps and data, with kies 3.0, Super Backup (have it Share via email and send the backup to your email), and Helium if you want to try that one. (I don't like it though)

If you want to retain your screens, install Nova Launcher.
Have it import your current screen settings, and then go to Nova Settings and perform a backup and Share it via email to yourself. That way you can restore all of your screens just like you had them.

Once all that is done, I suggest you do a Factory Reset and see if that fixes it.

Reactions: kat28
Upvote 0
On the surface it would seem that there has been some physical damage to the phone.

Normally, pulling the battery will cure what ails the device.

However, before going back to the shop, I would back up all of your apps and data, with kies 3.0, Super Backup (have it Share via email and send the backup to your email), and Helium if you want to try that one. (I don't like it though)

If you want to retain your screens, install Nova Launcher.
Have it import your current screen settings, and then go to Nova Settings and perform a backup and Share it via email to yourself. That way you can restore all of your screens just like you had them.

Once all that is done, I suggest you do a Factory Reset and see if that fixes it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones