• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2: external Samsung keyboard issue

Hello. I've got an up-to-date Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, for which I've also got an external keyboard. This keyboard is a Samsung one. For some characters, I've got issues. For example the "@" is impossible to write. I therefore downloaded the program "External Keyboard Helper". I however need to launch it every time I plug the keyboard. It gives me a list of two choices concerning the typing mode: "Samsung keyboard" or "External Keyboard Helper". I then need to choose "External Keyboard Helper", for which the choice of the "belgian" layout gives me the correct layout, with "@" and so on. The issue is twofold:
1) In the "parameters" menu, my "Samsung keyboard" checkbox is grey and cannot be unchecked. The "External Keyboard Helper" checkbox is checked too. How can I manage to make the aforementioned choice of "External Keyboard Helper" automatic when I plug the keyboard?
2) Moreover, when I check "External Keyboard Helper" in the "External Keyboard Helper" menu, unplugging the keyboard results in no virtual keyboard. I wish the virtual keyboard would reappear.

Note that the configuration is the following:
* External Keyboard Helper is configured to have a Belgian layout;
* Samsung Keyboard is configured to have French(CA) or French(FR) layout.

Thanks for any help.

All the best,

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones