• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung galaxy tablet public wifi connectivity problem

Hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem. I've got a Samsung galaxy tablet that connects fine to my home wireless Internet. The problem arises when I try to connect to my work wifi. The tablet scans and picks up and connects automatically to the wifi. When I open up the browser the pages do not load up. I never get a box that opens asking me for a password or anything. I tried downloading a different browser (dolphin) but still no luck. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting. No dice. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem. I've got a Samsung galaxy tablet that connects fine to my home wireless Internet. The problem arises when I try to connect to my work wifi. The tablet scans and picks up and connects automatically to the wifi. When I open up the browser the pages do not load up. I never get a box that opens asking me for a password or anything. I tried downloading a different browser (dolphin) but still no luck. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting. No dice. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Welcome to the forums, Ricpriceless.

That sure sounds like a security issue.. with the work network Admin as the one to talk to about it. ;)

But first I'd go around to other workers there for confirmation as to internet access via personal devices.. if and how. ;)

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones