• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung getting ready to release a Galaxy Nexus+ ?

Bigger Battery (same as Razr MAXX?)
My battery on my GNex LTE sucks! :mad:

Quad Core Processor w/LTE compatibility
I know it won't happen, but hey, I guy can hope! :p

Screen size > 4.7 inches

Made by Moto/HTC

Nice backing similar to the N7's
The GNex's back was slippery and ugly looking.

Visually appealing
I'd like the Next Nexus to feature the color black. I hate the old clunky grey look on the GNex. I'd like to HTC or Moto to make a Nexus that looks like an upgraded Nexus S. The Nexus S is a beautiful phone.

I hate it when people walk around w/ their Razrs saying I got kevlar in my phone and they don't even know what version of Android they're running. :rolleyes:

Better Camera
I don't really use the camera on my phone, but whoever is making the Nexus needs to keep up w/ the rest of the manufacturers.

Louder Speaker
The speaker on the GNex is just horrible, impossible to listen to anything from the speakers.

After reading this you guys probably think I hate the GNex, but the thing is, I don't! The GNex has been one hell of a phone- thanks to the dev community. If there wasn't such great developer support I wouldn't have the GNex right now, I'd probably have the Razr MAXX or S3. The GNex and Nexus phones are special because almost all issues are fixable with the flash of a new rom or kernel.

Other phones don't get the same support as Nexus devices do and that's why since December 8th 2011 I've been PURE NEXUS. I pre ordered a Nexus 7 on June 27th and have been showing the world how great Nexus devices are. I've already gotten SIX people to switch over from the dark side to try out Nexus devices and the power of Android. Show the world how awesome Nexus and Android is, show off your GNex's 4.65in screen. Watch a full screen HD video in front of all the iSheep in the Apple Store (LOL! :D ) !

Okay, I just got WAAAAY off topic there. ;)

Enjoy your Nexus, even if it does have some issues, 'cuz at least it's not an iPhone. :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The ONLY thing the GNex had wrong was part of the Google search could search for your apps on your phone. Apple patented that. Sales for the GNex were banned in the US for a week or two. Google quickly patched the search, sales resumed.

Edit: but now with Google Now/Google search the apps show up in the search again. Maybe Google paid Apple to use this patented feature?

Upvote 0
The ONLY thing the GNex had wrong was part of the Google search could search for your apps on your phone. Apple patented that. Sales for the GNex were banned in the US for a week or two. Google quickly patched the search, sales resumed.

Edit: but now with Google Now/Google search the apps show up in the search again. Maybe Google paid Apple to use this patented feature?

I think there are plans for some sort of agreement between the two companies. Not sure if there's been any headway made in that area.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones