• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung GT-I9100 on JB 4.1.2 XXLSJ - Uninstaller and Battery Management

insaf_mohd

Nov 20, 2012
Hello All,

Last day I flashed my Samsung GT-I9100 to JB 4.1.2 XXLSJ leaked release. God helped, it's pretty good style and neat performance, well customized to my wishes.

To uninstall the Stock bloatwares (ChatOn, GameHub, AllSharePlay etc) I tried Go Launcher Ex as it won in ICS 4.4 but it won't help. I tired some other apps too to no luck. Some apps guarantee the uninstallation provided it's rooted..AM NO GONNA ROOT IT AT THE MOMENT.

Any other tips/tricks to get rid of the bloatwares?

Second thing, I feel the battery is draining little quicker than the ICS 4.4 even If I am not using it hardcore..it goes down a little earlier :(

Any tips/trick to sustain max battery, I'd like disable every unneeded auto process behind...needs how-tos! :eek:

Thanks in advance.

Then again, it is better to use the rooted kernel as the stock kernel contains the brick bug.

Just to clarify SCPadgeebar...

The so called, "brick bug", only affects those who flash a custom ROM or kernel that uses MMC_CAP_ERASE.

The, "brick bug", which has been present in all ICS, stock, kernels does not affect un-rooted, stock users at all.

For rooted users, the chainfire, CF-Root .tar kernels, flashed via Odin, as per the, "Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide", are safe in that they have the anti, "brick bug", as do PhilZ, (for JB), Siyah and Dorimanx, (for ICS), among others.

Bottom line... if you are not rooted you have nothing to worry about. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones