• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Italia officialy confirm Android 1.6 for I7500

I get an error in Eclosion that says

Sorry!
The application Voice Search (process com.google.android.voicesearch) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I have searched the forums... nothing.. anyone else have this prob?
lots of apps do this but this particular app does not do this with me

it could be a conflict with other apps

Upvote 0
Samsung-firmware guy (this guy from Twitter, not an official) said that his sources confirmed Samsung is cooking some update for i7500 too. He says it's possible to be 1.6 or 2.0, but his sources seem to believe more in 1.6. Would match what we know from Samsung ITA. He says it will be released end of February.

Upvote 0
Well, it is open source, they could do just that. Or better, send open source code of drivers and firmware to Musty and Drakaz....
I'm shure that would speed up the process...

:D

They WONT send drivers to anyone for sure :) They could release the kernel's source (with driver) as they did with 1.5!

Does anyone know how long did it take for samsung to release the source after the phone release?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones