• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Kies Problem

Hi,

I downloaded Samsung Kies and installed all of the drivers, however, whenever I connect the Galaxy into the USB all Kies says is:

"Connecting the device...
Please wait"

And it stays like that. I tired using Mass Storage but I get the error that says I need to go into Samsung Kies mode.

I've tried reinstalling Samsung Kies but that doesn't do anything...

How can I fix this?

Regards,
- Ste

Funny Enough,

I've had Kies working on Windows 7 ever since I got my Galaxy S back in November. I've not had it working on XP yet. I updated it earlier in the month to get my Froyo 2.2 update which worked fine, but suddenly when I updated today it done a 33meg update and now doesn't connect my Galaxy S.

Anyone else experience this with the latest update (the one "after" Kies Froyo)?

Upvote 0
Hi,

I downloaded Samsung Kies and installed all of the drivers, however, whenever I connect the Galaxy into the USB all Kies says is:

"Connecting the device...
Please wait"

And it stays like that. I tired using Mass Storage but I get the error that says I need to go into Samsung Kies mode.

I've tried reinstalling Samsung Kies but that doesn't do anything...

How can I fix this?

Regards,
- Ste

Have you tried Android Debug Bridge yet? You can get it from here

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Upvote 0
Hey dude, I just got my Galaxy S today and had the same problem. In installed Kies and connected my Galaxy S. It would just stay on connecting.

I restarted my MacBook(using Windows 7 Home Premium) and the phone and it connected second time round.

Just make sure in Wireless and network>USB settings, Samsung Kies is ticked.

I updated to Froyo 2.2.1 and got the hell out of Kies lol.

Upvote 0
I tried to update the Kies driver as well, and now I cannot connect to ANY of my apps via Wifi, or 3g, it keeps saying

"An error occurred while fetching data, (Host is unresolved: api.facebook.com.80)

I don't know why or how the kies update attempt messed with my internet connection on my phone via wifi or data, and I don't want to have to reset my phone to factory condition but If that's the only way, I can.

Can anyone help me understand what happened?

My husband has a samsung captivate as well, and his connection is fine

(he hasnt updated the kies when prompted at beginning of USB connection)

Thank You

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones