• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Media Hub: Cannot Purchase Media. Error 234

cbtipton81

Lurker
Mar 21, 2012
Hi!

I am hoping someone can help as I am at my wits end. I purchased a wifi only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 several months ago. The reason I chose this device is for the Samsung Media Hub as I travel a lot and like to have shows for the airplane.
About 2 months ago, after selecting a show to purchase and the credit card to pay with, I selected "Buy" and I receive the error:

"There is a temporary problem with the processor. Please try your purchase again later. (234)"

This "temporary" problem has been going on for several months now.

I have talked several times with Samsung support who have not helped and I have tried the following:
- Factory reset the device
- Create a new account
- Use a different credit card
- Update the Media Hub app
- Roll back the Media Hub updates

None of this has worked. Other interesting points:
- Media Hub does not show up in the Android Market when searched on the tablet
- When browsing Android Market on the computer, Media Hub will say that none of my devices are supported
- If I try and enter a MasterCard credit card, it tells me the card number is invalid

At this point, I have talked Samsung into RMAing the device but I hate to do that. Any thoughts or additional troubleshooting would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones