• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Prevail headache repair problems UGH

UPDATE 11-24-12

Boost Mobile complementary phone DENIED.

Hi Everyone,

I just called BM (Boost Mobile) and I want to see if there are still an outages from Hurricane Sandy and that I told her that I was hit directly with the Hurricane. Anyway the rep said OK there are no outage in your area and that she asked me how many bars will do you have and I said I don't have a phone now because my phone is with Samsung and then I asked her what about my complementary phone? Then the rep said it has been DENIED by BM because you phone is still in warranty and that we will NOT SEND a replacement phone for you. The only way we will send a replacement phone for you is IF your phone is OUT OF WARRANTY and that we check that none of the towers are out in your area and your phone has trouble and then it is determine that we will send you a complementary phone. Believe it or not I am not angry because I am thinking of switching the carrier and then use a GSM phone and then unlock and go back to a PREPAID provider which uses ATT or Tmobile towers. I am just waiting for the Stupid Samsung phone to come back and activate. Then if there is a problem again I am out of warranty I will BM for a complementary phone. Then I have to see what happens. Now I am waiting for the Pantech Magnus from ATT to launch. I will subscribe to 1 year (ONLINE ONLY) and after 1 year I will unlock the phone and switch to a prepaid again. I just pray AFTER I get back my Samsung phone I have no problem again but with so many problem I DOUBT it with Samsung.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They (Boost) did the same thing to me with my Marquee. They actually even told me that the phone had been shipped. Oh, they told me that they were sending out another Marquee too. What utter freaking BULLPUCKY!!! lmao. I'm not mad about it anymore. I'm just gonna bide my time and change carriers one day.

Besides their customer service, I'm happy with Boost. It's a shame their reps don't treat us better though. :hmpf:

Upvote 0
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They (Boost) did the same thing to me with my Marquee. They actually even told me that the phone had been shipped. Oh, they told me that they were sending out another Marquee too. What utter freaking BULLPUCKY!!! lmao. I'm not mad about it anymore. I'm just gonna bide my time and change carriers one day.

Besides their customer service, I'm happy with Boost. It's a shame their reps don't treat us better though. :hmpf:

Hello,

Oh my they did the same thing when you ordered the Marquee. WOW. Anyway, I am going to try to get my sprint phone Motorola Renagade V950 to be reactivated today since they send me a spare "Boost Mobile". Let see what happens. Yup the only thing you can do is change carries if you are not happy with the current carrier.

Upvote 0
UPDATE 11-26-12

Called BM and they said I CANNOT USE MY MOTOROLA RENEGADE V950 because it is NOT COMPATIBLE with Boost Mobile and that I told the rep before I can activate it and use it on BM and why not now and she said that because the system has been updated NOT TO ACCEPT OLD SPRINT PHONES. Great! Now I have NO phones to use at all. But the rep did me a $10.00 credit for network outage. Now I have to get back Samsung phone and then reactivate it. Well the rep told me that I can temporary suspend service and when I get my phone they can reactive my service back and give me the credit for the days I don't have my phone which is great. Oh well it was nice using my Motorola V950 phone from 2008-2012. The last time I used the V950 phone was back in May of 2012 when I had to send my Samsung phone to Samsung. Can't wait for the new ATT phone to come out and then it lowers the price and then I switch carriers.

Mike

Upvote 0
UPDATE 11-26-12

Called BM and they said I CANNOT USE MY MOTOROLA RENEGADE V950 because it is NOT COMPATIBLE with Boost Mobile and that I told the rep before I can activate it and use it on BM and why not now and she said that because the system has been updated NOT TO ACCEPT OLD SPRINT PHONES. Great! Now I have NO phones to use at all. But the rep did me a $10.00 credit for network outage. Now I have to get back Samsung phone and then reactivate it. Well the rep told me that I can temporary suspend service and when I get my phone they can reactive my service back and give me the credit for the days I don't have my phone which is great. Oh well it was nice using my Motorola V950 phone from 2008-2012. The last time I used the V950 phone was back in May of 2012 when I had to send my Samsung phone to Samsung. Can't wait for the new ATT phone to come out and then it lowers the price and then I switch carriers.

Mike

Wow. They told me that to begin with , then checked my service area and said that i still had coverage for the old service that they are phasing out. I guess I lucked up because i ended up using my old flip phone for a couple weeks. The crazy thing is that my signal strength was better than CDMA. Lol

Upvote 0
UPDATE 11-27-12

Just called BM to temporary suspend service and paid in advance (don't want to have problems like they suspend my service for not paying bill) I asked them again and they said sir I am sorry that the previous told you that you are denied and that your complementary phone has been processed and that you will be receiving your phone. When you recieve your complemnetray phone call us back and we will reactive your service and switch your phone number to your new phone. Let's see how this "game" turns out.

Mike

Upvote 0
UPDATE 11-27-12

Just called BM to temporary suspend service and paid in advance (don't want to have problems like they suspend my service for not paying bill) I asked them again and they said sir I am sorry that the previous told you that you are denied and that your complementary phone has been processed and that you will be receiving your phone. When you recieve your complemnetray phone call us back and we will reactive your service and switch your phone number to your new phone. Let's see how this "game" turns out.

Mike

This should be interesting.

Upvote 0
Yup it will and today I still DID NOT get my replacement phone. BM last week wait till tomorrow 12-4-12 and IF I still do not get my replacement phone I will call them again. Ahhh don't you love the games they play? :rolleyes:

Don't feel bad. They told me that mine had been shipped and it should have been there. They said call them if it wasn't at my house by a certain date. I called the day after it was supposed to be here and that's when they said I had been turned down for a replacement phone and that it had never shipped. It really blew my mind that they actually did me that way. Boy oh boy was I PISSED for a few days. I came very close to selling my Marquee and going with Straight Tlk or Tmobile . REALLY CLOSE LOL.

Upvote 0
Don't feel bad. They told me that mine had been shipped and it should have been there. They said call them if it wasn't at my house by a certain date. I called the day after it was supposed to be here and that's when they said I had been turned down for a replacement phone and that it had never shipped. It really blew my mind that they actually did me that way. Boy oh boy was I PISSED for a few days. I came very close to selling my Marquee and going with Straight Tlk or Tmobile . REALLY CLOSE LOL.

I see yes. Did you call BM again? They WILL NOT get away with me. In fact I even pay my bill for next month already so they can't say anything to me. I shut them up LOL.

Upvote 0
I see yes. Did you call BM again? They WILL NOT get away with me. In fact I even pay my bill for next month already so they can't say anything to me. I shut them up LOL.

Oh yeah. I called BM back and talked at them until I was blue in the face. They did give a a $10 credit but that's it. Since Boost has posted their new terms of service you have be careful what you say to them or they can cancel your service and will not have to refund your money. They've pretty much got you by the balls.

I've been with them for over 3 years and NEVER missed a payment or even been late.

I will eventually end up going with another carrier one day but I'm sticking with BM for now because the service is good in my area and the price is right. PLUS I already own a couple phones for Boost. Mine and my wife's. I may even end up getting aother Prevail. I'm bidding on one ATM for my wife.

We will probably go with TMobile or AT&T in the future

Upvote 0
Oh yeah. I called BM back and talked at them until I was blue in the face. They did give a a $10 credit but that's it. Since Boost has posted their new terms of service you have be careful what you say to them or they can cancel your service and will not have to refund your money. They've pretty much got you by the balls.

I've been with them for over 3 years and NEVER missed a payment or even been late.

I will eventually end up going with another carrier one day but I'm sticking with BM for now because the service is good in my area and the price is right. PLUS I already own a couple phones for Boost. Mine and my wife's. I may even end up getting aother Prevail. I'm bidding on one ATM for my wife.

We will probably go with TMobile or AT&T in the future

Yes true I know in there TOS agreement they said do not threaten them or be nasty or else they will shut there service and cancel you phone and number I know. Well I am patience so I will see how it will go. Will be updated.

Upvote 0
UPDATE 12-4-12

At 7:15PM just called BM and I was given the run around. I explained my problem and that they said they have to transfer me to "Bright Point department" Then I got transfer to the Next Sprint order department and they said no this is not the Bright Point department and this is the wrong department and I will have to transfer you back to customer service. Then I spoke to the customer service and she said I am sorry for this trouble and I will transfer you again and then I got transfer to not Bright Point again but to another customer service rep. FINALLY I got a CLEAR EXPLANATION of Why I got denied my complementary phone. They said we ONLY give out the complementary phone is when your phone is not working and you have no choice. He said your phone is not in warranty now but your phone was in warranty when you send your phone back to Samsung so we will not be able to send you back a complementary phone. I said OK but I still have my complementary phone available. I said OK when I get my Samsung phone back I will call to reactivate again and the rep said OK and sorry for the misinformation and he apologize for that. Then I said OK thank you and I finished talking to them at 8:20PM. WOW it was 1hrs on the phone. But I was not mad at all and was VERY clam. Sometimes I shock myself LOL. The rep even said to me You are VERY patient and that VERY FEW people are like you and I said yes right. Well let's see when my Samsung crap phone comes back let's see what happens but I no faith in Samsung anymore. Now I am just waiting to switch to ATT. Will update what happens.

Upvote 0
Believe me Mike. I know what you are going through and feel for ya. I wish you the best man. Their customer service is CRAP.

Yes I know but with any company no matter if it is a wireless company, computers etc they are all worst. I rarely hear of any company customer service that is great. Now I am thinking about switching to ATT but I have to see when. Maybe I will switch to one of there "Go Phones" for a while and then unlock that phone use a Prepaid ATT like H2) wireless and then sign for a 1 year contact with ATT for the phone that I want when it is release and then unlock that phone and then go back to a Prepaid ATT again. Have to see what happens.

Anyway just went to check Samsung website and they already ship back my phone to me and it will arrive back tomorrow Ugh. Will have to call BM tomorrow to get back credit for the days I have no phone to use.

Mike

Upvote 0
Yes I know but with any company no matter if it is a wireless company, computers etc they are all worst. I rarely hear of any company customer service that is great. Now I am thinking about switching to ATT but I have to see when. Maybe I will switch to one of there "Go Phones" for a while and then unlock that phone use a Prepaid ATT like H2) wireless and then sign for a 1 year contact with ATT for the phone that I want when it is release and then unlock that phone and then go back to a Prepaid ATT again. Have to see what happens.

Anyway just went to check Samsung website and they already ship back my phone to me and it will arrive back tomorrow Ugh. Will have to call BM tomorrow to get back credit for the days I have no phone to use.

Mike

I thought about going with The Galaxy Nexus. It's a nice phone with a SIM card slot. T-Mobile, AT&T, StraightTalk, and a few others can be used.
I was gonna get it but decided to just stick it out with Boost for awhile and ended up getting a tablet instead. Lol

Upvote 0
Hi Wetbike7,

I am still using my Samsung Prevail because I am waiting for the LG Optimums G Pro coming to ATT soon. I wanted the Pantech Magnus but the LG Optimums G Pro has 32GB of storage and the Pantech Magnus has 16GB but user available is 12GB and the LG probably has 25GB or so and there is a SD card that supports up to 64GB and dual camera recording in LG Opt G Pro. I will compare the price which is better the LG or the Pantech. Anyway the problem is whenever I am out from my house and bring my Prevail to work I ONLY get WHITE BARS and not GREEN bars. It never had that problem before. It was always green and the WHITE BARS has been going from my work place to home and NEVER have Green bars. Do you know what the problem is and I don't think that the towers are the problem and it has to be the phone. It has been since January till now. Going to call Boost Mobile to see if I can get a refurbished phone again because I can't call my phone and if I do it always drops. I have wifi at home and it is always green. When I call from home it is always green and not white at all. When I leave home it is always white and not green. This is strange.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones