• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung vibrant dark pictures test

Upvote 0
Well it isn't me that is moving. It's the subjects in the photo. :) I take pretty decent pics with regular cameras. I'm a "second" for a professional photographer and use one of her DSLR cameras at events. So I guess I am just used to great quality. My own personal camera is a pretty high end point and shoot. I took these:
http://media8.dropshots.com/photos/16988/20091013/151535.jpg
http://media7.dropshots.com/photos/16988/20091016/173500.jpg

Very nice shots Robinelli! :cool:

I came to the Vibrant with reasonbly low expectations so I was delighted with the results.

Here's a recent shot of our 19 month old "puppy" with 2 adult Boxers - he will continue to fill out for another year and a half.
Taken with Vibrant.

Upvote 0
are we going to start posting regular pictures in this post taken with the vibrant because i have some i can share. and the camera TO ME is really good ive taken pix while walking and no blur at all its very clear and for a phone i dont think we should be asking for more and im coming from a G1 so i know how amazing this camera is compared to phones that we had 2 years ago imagine what we'll have in 2012

Upvote 0
after reading some of these i had to immediately go outside and prove that this camera is awesome.

2010-09-15180555.jpg

2010-09-15181851.jpg

2010-09-15181805.jpg

I even got stung by a bee taking these.

Also keep in mind that outside its dusk (not optimal lighting), and its not windy but i'd say theres a soft brease blowing. i had to wait every few seconds for the wind to die down to take a shot. also keep in mind on the bee picture i had not only the wind moving the flowers, but the bee was moving as well. all in all i feel i took some stellar shots. keep in mind i have trouble keeping my hands super steady, and i suck at photography.

Upvote 0
after reading some of these i had to immediately go outside and prove that this camera is awesome.

I even got stung by a bee taking these.

Also keep in mind that outside its dusk (not optimal lighting), and its not windy but i'd say theres a soft brease blowing. i had to wait every few seconds for the wind to die down to take a shot. also keep in mind on the bee picture i had not only the wind moving the flowers, but the bee was moving as well. all in all i feel i took some stellar shots. keep in mind i have trouble keeping my hands super steady, and i suck at photography.

Nice ones Ghost especially the flowers - nice and sharp.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
With ISO night settings as great as these who needs a crappy little LED flash? Now it's clear why the "flash" was omitted... it's unnecessary and obsolete.

Drama queen, you would start controversey. J.K

In all seriousness, I have to disagree. I do not think LED flash is unncessary, nor is it obsolete. On the contrary it is a newer feature on phones.

Here is the undeniable truth, anyone who says otherwise has an over inflated opinion about the night mode feature on the Vibrant.

So the truth is, night mode works fantastic, AS LONG AS THERE IS SUFFICIENT LIGHT already pre-existing in the environment. The Vibrant is able to amplify this pre-existing light, and produce nice night time images. Again, I will stress, there needs to be some light source.

Now, here is where the Vibrant has a major handicap. If there is not sufficient pre-existing light in the background, the Vibrant will produce dark unusable photos at night.

The Vibrant is a hip new phone, obviously young people are going to be using it, it should have had a flash.

Case in point, I was recently at a gorgeous bar in LA. The entire place is dark, and only lit with light from Candles and fireplaces. The only area with actual light is the bar itself. Taking photos of friends, sitting right next to me, or standing 2 ft in front of me came out basically pitch black. The candlelight and light from the fireplaces did not provide sufficient pre-existing light, for the Vibrant's night mode to be able to amplify the light.

Any other phone with a flash, like my prior HTC or bold 9700, both take stunning photos at night, especially of close subjects in dark settings, something the Vibrant simply cannot do, unless you provide sufficient background light.

For me, the Vibrant is useless as a camera at night when I am at social events. Oddly, many of the places I go, are very dimily lit, many with candles, or very very dim ambient lights.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones