• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen autolock issue?

mashy_pie

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
Hi,

I'm already predicting that answer to this will be a no but.... here goes!

I'm just wondering if there is any way of turning the screen autolock off on my xperia 10 mini?

It has always been an option available on other phones, you can either lock the keys manually or set an auto lock for them to lock after like a few seconds or minutes etc

Yet this seems to be missing from the x10 mini

I dont mind the screen switching off (to save battery), that happened on my last phone, but the keys (screen) didn't lock at the same time, you just tap the screen to 'wake' the phone again, and it should wake in its previous setting too, such as in the messages folder, or on a internet screen, or on the music player etc.

Its kinda frustrating when you are in a lengthy text conversation and they reply just after the screen goes off and you are forever unlocking the phone when it is just sat on the desk in front of you.

Same as if you are reading a document and you put the phone down then have to unlock it again when you come back to it. Its kinda annoying! I am more than capable of locking the phone myself when I want to put it in my pocket!

Anyone else got any tips? I want to avoid putting the screen time out on 'never' because then I'll be forever locking the screen to conserve battery (and no doubt someone will text just after I lock it.....)!

Cheers
Tom

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones