• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Cracked

If you're planning to do it yourself, keep this in mind.-

The screen on my Moment cracked and I decided to do it myself (old phone, no insurance). I ended up replacing the screen 6 times till it was right. The first screen had a calibration issue in the upper right hand corner, the second screen was DOA, I put back the first replacement to be sure it wasn't the phone and then tried the dead screen again...DOA. I put back in the cracked screen and sent back the 2 defective ones for refunds and bought a 3rd screen from another vendor. Finally, success BUT after a few surgeries, Getting everything working was a PITA. The big problem was the wire jumping the battery compartment which didn't seem to like being unplugged and plugged back in repeatedly. On the plus side, I can now tear down a Moment blindfolded.

Upvote 0
My screen cracked two weeks ago while in my back pocket and feared I would have to pay $100 for the deductible. Took it into Sprint and they replaced the screen in 30 minutes. Since I have insurance with them, it didn't cost anything since it was done in store. Made my day!

Even if you had to have Sprint send you one, it will cost $0 for the replacement with TEP.

With ESRP a cracked screen is $35.

https://shop.sprint.com/assets/pdfs/en/services/service_repair/Sprint_Repair_Center_expectations.pdf

Got that straight off the Sprint site. Started in Nov. Physical damage is covered. Just don't get it wet, light it on fire, get it stolen or bust it into a million pieces. If they can swap a couple things and fix it, it's covered by insurance/TEP/Sprint. They will over night you a new phone. If it's not salvageable, you pay the deductible via Asurion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones