• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen goes black when i slide out my keyboard

So everytime I push out the keyboard, the screen would stay black. The home screen, menu, back button lights on the side would be on, and the keyboard backlight would also be on, and when I type out a message, it would work. But the screen would stay black. I would have to push the keyboard back in and hit the screen lock button twice for the home screen to come on. Is there anything I can do to fix it or am I just better off buying a new phone?

My D3 was doing just this. Every time I would slide out the keyboard, the screen would go black and some buttons would respond. Eventually (soon) it hangs).

I thought other things were causing it as well since I never opened the keyboard. My wife taped the keyboard shut and it never happened again. :-(

But in my work to try and fix it, I did a factory reset. Man, using stock apps only the things flies! No FB, nothing. Just Feedly and Foxfi and the thing is awesome!

Of course, the default email client sorta sucks, as does the calendar. And you can't seem to post FB phots. But it is like a new phone!

WRT no keyboard, this has forced me to use Swype. Although it is good, I still suck at it compared to the hardware keyboard. Swype is slower and very inaccurate. I am hoping the new D5 rumors are true even if I will have to lose my unlimited data plan with Verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones