• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen issue?

Since the Froyo update, there's been a whole mess of problems. Sprint should never have pushed the update OTA to everyone. They should have made it optional and let users decide if they wanted it or not. Prior to the update, my phone worked near flawlessly.
What kind of phone do you own? It was super slow on 2.1, but performance was upped a little on 2.2

Upvote 0
My screen also stops responding to touch or has a very long delay in getting back to the home screen via the home button. Every screen appears blank for probably 10+ seconds when I try to go to the home screen every now and again. And I've moved all apps I can to SD card, removed unwanted apps, cleared all caches, etc. Stock Transform.

Upvote 0
Every screen appears blank for probably 10+ seconds when I try to go to the home screen every now and again.

I noticed a homescreen redraw lag as well (2.2 stock launcher) and after doing some research I resolved it by setting animations to "No Animation" - Menu->Settings->Display->Animation->"No Animation". It seems to have sped up the overall launcher response as well!

Reactions: monmur
Upvote 0
Thanks.

Another thing I did after reading this on another forum:

Menu->Settings->Accounts & sync->Background data->unchecked

Then you have to enable background sync in individual apps if they support it (like K-9 Mail: Menu->Settings->Network->Background sync->Always). This has improved my battery life significantly as well.

One thing though, you will have to re-enable it if you want to use the Market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones