1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Screen randomly turns on - probably factory featureSupport

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

This has probaly been covered.
    The mini lock screen (black with the round unlock before the main lockscreen) is nice because it shows me icons. It seems to turn on when I'm near it.

But it is incessant. I am sitting still and it's constantly on and off.
    I only want to look at my phone if I have an alert during the day, it's like obnoxious false alarms.
    Any input?
    Nick

Advertisement
  2. Mdvf121

Mdvf121 New Member

It should only turn on if it is touched, or if the table or desk it's on is bumped. Unless you have notifications.
  3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

There is a special low power processor that manages this, so it doesn't use much power at all.

However, if you do not like it, settings->active notifications. Turn off the first option, "Active Display". The feature that shows an unlock icon periodically is called "breathing" but turning off active display will stop this. (It will also stop all notifications.)

It's one of my favorite features of this phone. I would never turn it off.
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Go to Settings | Active Notifications

Uncheck Active display to turn it off completely

You can also select the cog at Sleep at night and set a time range to turn it off.

... Thom
  5. Der Juicen

Der Juicen Well-Known Member

just put the phone face down. easy enough to flip over, and the feature is still on while in your pocket if you want to just check time.
    Thom likes this.
  6. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I find it VERY useful. It is great when in a meeting to "accidentally" touch it and see the time. I carry my Maxx in my shirt pocket and frequently check the time on it.

(If the date was also included it would be even better.)

... Thom
  7. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

I agree, very useful. The low power notifications are just one of the great features of this phone.
  8. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

I agree that it's a great feature.
    I sit on the couch or at my desk and slight movements, or randomly it comes on, I just find it to be a bit much sometimes.

The sleep at night feature is what I needed. I skipped over it because it sounded like it was for ALL notifications, not just active.
    I'll try it tonight, I set the sleep function.

Thanks all.
    Love this phone. Long way from my OG Droid, D2, D3, and OG Maxx lol
  9. jinsoo93

jinsoo93 New Member

This feature is awesome, gives much more of a detailed display in what was sent. Never was a big fan of blinking lights.