Screen stays lit while charging...is this normal?

Last Updated:

1. Kybryan

Kybryan Member This Topic's Starter

Is it normal for the Sprint HTC Hero for the screen to stay on when the phone is charging?

Advertisement
  2. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

Settings> applications> Development> Stay awake.

It's a setting, you can change that. Unless you like a nightlight? lol.
    Cool?

3. Kybryan

Kybryan Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. I'm still struggling to learn it all, having switched from a Palm Centro. Big adjustment.

First one I got from Sprint got stuck in Digital Roaming after two weeks. Sprint couldn't explain so they replaced it. Now this one stays lit while charging and the battery seems weaker too......so read the battery saving tips but couldn't figure out how to get the screen off when charging.

I'm a newbie, so I'm glad I found this site.

4. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

No problem. I figured I would help, (I took this back, My original words were overstated) this site isn't bad, once you cross over to other "droid" phone areas, there seems to be a lot more B!tching, and a lot less helping...

I just got mine a couple months ago also, I came from a Sanyo Pro 700... I had to keep it, I loved that phone, sooo indestructable. lol.

This phone is great, except for the time consumption issue.. (It takes all of my time up)...

Just remember one thing. Before you root, don't ask questions on here. Just do one thing. Download the Pre-Kitchen by Flipz @ http://geekfor.me
    Use the kitchen to do your rooting, then use his ROM. You won't regret it.

Unless of course, you don't want to be one of the cool kids... Then that's on you. lol.

5. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

+1 :cool:

6. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

I took that back! lol. I really should have worded it better... The Sprint Hero section is pretty good over all, but some of them are just down right fruity as all hell. Someone will ask a very simple question, and get jumped on from every angle. It's just sick.

I wish more Mods would get on people for that.

I'm with the people that say, if you don't like the question, get out of the thread. Don't help, just get the F out!

7. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

yep if there is nothing for me to help with i wont respond (sometimes) lmao

8. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

With the Sprint charger, it takes longer to charge the battery when the screen is running. This is normal and one caveat to consider when changing the setting to keep the screen on continuously. :)

9. BlackedOut

BlackedOut Well-Known Member

You could also just press the red hang up button after you plug it in, screen goes off. :p