• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I found a 2.3 se rooting guide, for some reason I thought it included the 2.3 rom. I followed this guide on my 2.1 software, now my phone when powering on goes to the "sony ericsson" screen, powers down, then goes back, etc.

I obviously should learn to read more carefully. I have tried to "repair" under SEUS, but five seconds after it starts up it just says "there's is no software available". If I tr to update it says your phone is up to date.

How do I fix this?

xperia x10a at&t

Do you have xRecovery installed on your phone?

If yes, follow these instructions:

WB-XPERIA TW Gingerbread V3.6.0 | 55fps, no Audio lag, xLoud & Bravia | 8/8/2011 - xda-developers

if not let me know I'll point you in the right direction.

Until then, unplug your battery to make sure it's not drained (or charge it if you can).

I originally tried to flash to a new rom without replacing firmware. I wasn't able to use SEUS to fix it...because i had the most recent firmware.

What I had to do was reflash to an older version. I downloaded an older version here:

http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/272949-flashtool-guide-how-n00bies.html

Then after I had an older version installed using the flashtool, then I could use SEUS or try and reflash to a newer firmware and ROM.

That should help you out.

Reactions: airattack111
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones