• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Script] ultimateRAMscript - IMPROVE YOUR PHONES PERFORMANCE!

Here is a ram script I put together. It's sorta a combination between the V6 Supercharger on option 7, Kickasskernalizer, and Car-o-Dopes tweaks, it has little bit of all those tweaks in it. So i wanna say thanks to zeppelinrox for the V6 Supercharger and the Kickasskernalizer and also Carhauler1969 and Ropodope for the Car-o-Dopes tweaks.

This is not to be combined with the niftyconiptionstweaks or the legit zip because this is different and could interfere with each other. I'd suggest to try all three separately to find which one works best for you.

[Q] What does this do?
[A] It will make your phone faster, more responsive, frees up ram, and could also increase battery life.

Script Values:

It has auto memory manager values of 6,12,75,90,95,125 [option 7 on V6].

It has sysctl tweaks of min free kbytes - 4096, Dirty Ratio - 70, Dirty Background Ratio - 50, and vfs cache pressure - 50 (sense) and 10 (aosp) [Car - o - Dopes tweaks]. And it also has a few tweaks from the kickasskernelizer.

Install at your own risk. I am in no way responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

Zip files to be flashed thru recovery

Sense Version:
http://db.tt/K1HFIrTy

AOSP Version:
http://db.tt/5JgpAGSr

Instructions: Follow Exactly

Flashable Install

1) Make a nandroid backup incase something goes wrong or you want to revert.
2) Download a file manager like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer (I use Root explorer).
3) Open up root explorer and go to /system/etc/init.d. Click on the "Mount R/W" button (that way you can delete files).
4) Delete or move to a folder on your sdcard (incase you want to revert) any ram scripts or ram tweaks you may have that is in the "init.d" folder (examples of ram scripts or tweaks are 00sysctl, 01sysctl, 06sysctl, 02sicktweaks, 06tweaks, S97ramscript, 99supercharge, and 98Kickasskernel, or any tweaks from niftyconiptionstweaks or the legit zip) .
5) Also if you are running v6 supercharger, you need to un-supercharge. If you are running Kickass Kernelizer, you need to un-kernelize and do not run those scripts while you have the niftyconiptionsscripts installed.
6) Uninstall any ram manager apps or task killers and do not use these.
7) After you uninstall all of that, reboot your phone and verify that none of the scripts you had before are still installed. (it will mess with the scripts you are about to install).
8) Boot into recovery (preferably Amon Ra).
9) Find the ultimateRAMscript.zip you downloaded and flash it.
10) Reboot phone and enjoy. Let your phone set at the lock screen for about 2 minutes, unlock and let it set for another 2 minutes to let it settle in. Your phone will become dramatically smoother after about an hour.

Manual Install

1) Download the script.
2) Remove any ram scripts or tweaks you currently have. Will be in /system/etc/init.d
3) Copy the script you downloaded and place in the init.d folder. /system/etc/init.d. (if using root explorer, you will need to hit the "Mount R/W" button at the top to be able to remove or place any scripts.
4) Once the script is placed in the init.d folder, long click on the script and click "permissions" and change it to "rwxrwxrwx" which is the same as checking all the boxes.
5) Reboot phone. Verify that the script is in the init.d folder and enjoy.

Script for manual install

Had to upload these as a .pdf file so once you download it, use a file manager and go the the script and long click on it, rename, and take off the .pdf at the end.

Sense Version:
http://db.tt/8HFsdc3X

AOSP Version:
http://db.tt/hpc4YvLV

Sent from a Nifty Tomatoe
Hit that thanks button if I managed to help

Thanks for creating this. Since I've never had much luck using scripts (I assume I am always missing some detail), I want to ask some basic questions:

I'm back on MikG right now, and these are the files found in the /system/etc/init.d folder:

00sysctl
04apps2sd
05zipalign
06tweaks
98read_ahead_kb
99complete

So, per your instructions I should remove the 00sysctl and the 06tweaks... but do I remove any of the others? (I think I'm mainly curious about the 99complete).

TIA.

Upvote 0
I'm running Team Nocturnal newest version of the stock 4.67 version of Sense for the EVO and i noticed 97script in my folder. What do scripts do anyway? Do I have to do anything?

Scripts start when your phone boots up and scripts can do all sorts of things just depending on what it's meant for, just follow all the directions exactly to get it to work.

Reactions: MusicJunkie
Upvote 0
Thanks for creating this. Since I've never had much luck using scripts (I assume I am always missing some detail), I want to ask some basic questions:

I'm back on MikG right now, and these are the files found in the /system/etc/init.d folder:

00sysctl
04apps2sd
05zipalign
06tweaks
98read_ahead_kb
99complete

So, per your instructions I should remove the 00sysctl and the 06tweaks... but do I remove any of the others? (I think I'm mainly curious about the 99complete).

TIA.

You can keep the 99complete. Delete the 00sysctl and 06tweaks and you can also delete 98read_ahead_kb if you want to use the sdcard tweak that I put into this script

Upvote 0
Sorry to sound like a newb but I opened up ES and could not find the "system" folder. What am I missing?

If you use es, you need to go to settings and change your home directory from "/sdcard" to just "/" so you can go up one to see system folder.

And then under "root settings" check both boxes so you can edit/delete things in those folders (just be careful what you delete, of course).

Upvote 0
I have these things in my init.d folder:

00baner
00welcome
01sysctl
02firstboot
04network
05zipalign
07cardreadfix
35apps2sd
97ramscript
99complete

Which of these do I delete before flashing this script?

Delete 01sysctl, 97ramscript, and you can also delete 07cardreadfix because my script has it

Reactions: MusicJunkie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones