• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sd card issue

Kitkat changed card access for the external SD card.

I suspect from your post that the download is now directing to the internal SD card and that is now full hence the error.

Most apps cannot write to the external card unless you have enabled it somehow.

Root Browser is working OK for me for deleting/working with files from ext Sd card.

There are a bunch of other options also as well as numerous threads on how Kitkat does this. Try a search for Kitkat SD card permissions and the particular app.

You can also follow up (post) this issue under the thread for whatever ROM you're running.

Reactions: starstress
Upvote 0
One question though. Could it be I just need to format it again since I've been on this rom for about a month now and it just started doing this

Card failure is also an possible cause that will need to be ruled out, there are numerous threads from folks who have experienced sudden failure. Quickest test for that is try another card, also make sure that it is a higher class card (10 is generally suggested in here). Reformatting is another way.

Another option to try for strange suddenly appearing behavior is go into Recovery and wipe the cache and Dalvik cache and reboot.

Any new apps installed, changes made recently prior to the issues also could be the problem.

Reactions: starstress
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones