Secure Websites with Motorola Droid

Last Updated:

1. uncle_Felty

uncle_Felty Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ladies and Gents, I just got the new Motorola Droid and I tried logging into my company secure (HTTPS://) to check some info but it gave the access restricted error and not the login box. I am not sure if my providor or company is blocking the site but figured I would try here to see if anyone has seen this problem as well.

Phone : Motorola Droid
    Firmware 2.0
    baseband C_01.3b.01p
    kernel version: 2.6.29-omap1-g04df51f
    build ESD20

Carrier is Verizon in USA

Advertisement
  2. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Moved this. You should have better luck here. Welcome to AF.

3. rican408

rican408 Well-Known Member

I've been able to login to a securfe website so maybe not the phone?

4. uncle_Felty

Not sure, I have tried two different sites with no luck and was wondering if it was a setting maybey

5. galt

galt Well-Known Member

I woiuld dump problem on my company IT dept. Have you tried some bigger sites, like Amazon or Ebay or your bank ? Lots of sites have a few https pages for ordering and credit info and even registration. If any of them work you will have your answer and proof for the IT girls.

6. uncle_Felty

I will try that but since my wifes iphone can access them I am not sure why I couldn't. This is a full web browser, heck replying by my droid now.

7. pepperhaze

pepperhaze New Member

did you ever get this problem fixed? i have to be able to log into work site from my phone and i was trying it on a friend of mines droid and it wouldn't work.

8. uncle_Felty

negative, i just tried again after the 2.01 update and nada. I think it is the way the browser on the droid tries to act with the security protocols. The error message I get is "browser is sending WWW-Authenticate header field that the web server is not configured to accept"

9. ohvzwguy

ohvzwguy Well-Known Member

are you able to connect from home pc?? this may only be accessed from secure pc... ie. pc within the building. try using WIFI while at work... otherwise, yeah dump it on your IT guys ;)

10. pepperhaze

pepperhaze New Member

yeah i can get on the website from a random iphone or window mobile device and blackberry. that is why i am so upset about not being able to get it on the droid! also our IT peeps don't support our phones, that is why i am on the board asking about it. any other ideas?

11. gnmitchell

gnmitchell Active Member

Have you checked the website settings when you are at your works site through the browser?

12. Steel Cobra

Steel Cobra Active Member

I would talk to your IT guys about that. I have no problem with https:// sites. Can you log into your bank or credit card site? Those require https:// so if those work, I wouldn't think the phone is the issue.

13. chiefsfan

chiefsfan Member

I've had this problem with a couple websites at the university I work at.
    I have to use opera mini (which looks like crap on the droid ) to login to the pages.
    You may want to give that a shot. I think it is a fault dealing with browsers built off the webkit platform.

14. Alexeon

Alexeon New Member

I have a similar problem. I cant access my Credit Card bank's website but I can access the Bank of America site just fine...

15. hard2say

hard2say Active Member

Sounds to me like your servers aren't configured to handle the android. If memory serves, the header field sent by your phone tells the server what browser you're using and if the server does not recognize the info being sent, it will simply bounce you out.

Perhaps try one of the other browsers that are available for the Droid.