• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help seeing my tab as a pc drive

Hi. I want to see my Galaxy tab as a drive on my laptop so I can search the on board storage and attempt a disc recovery for some deleted files. Is this possible?
No, because the only files you'd see like that are the ones that haven't been deleted. (You're seeing file names in a directory, not the actual files. When you delete a file, all you're really doing is something that's effectively like removing the name from the directory.)

To find deleted files you have to have a program that runs on the hardware that the deleted files are - your tab. None of them are free and the tab would have to be rooted - to search the raw data, the app doing it needs root access.

If the deleted files are on your SD card, you can use PhotoRec - CGSecurity Just mount the SD card in the computer (there are USB adapters if you have no other way) and PhotoRec will find any recoverable files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones