• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Seido Battery Life-All of a Sudden Not So Incredible

pittguy578

Nov 6, 2009
Not sure what changed with my phone. I used to be getting long life with my Seido battery and suddenly it is no longer giving. It has been unplugged for about 4 hours and it is down to about 40%. I did use Google Maps for about 10 minutes but this is ridiculous. I do not have location settings on. I was barely doing anything other than checking Facebook. Any idea what happened?

Before assuming the battery is bad, I'd power cycle the phone, and better, remove the battery for a minute while powered down. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago, and I'm sure it was due to s/w that somehow got into a bad state and sucked the battey down.

Also, make sure that you haven't accidently enabled features (eg: wifi, bluetooth, etc) that you normally keep off.

Upvote 0
I have to say I have the exact same problem. It was fine before and since the froyo update the battery life went to crap. Did not think it was related at first, but i cant completely rule it out now. I have the factory battery in now and it seems to be performing better than the 1750 seido I bought back in May. Maybe coincidence? I find it hard to believe the battery would lose charge after 4 months.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones