Seido Battery Life-All of a Sudden Not So IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. pittguy578

pittguy578 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure what changed with my phone. I used to be getting long life with my Seido battery and suddenly it is no longer giving. It has been unplugged for about 4 hours and it is down to about 40%. I did use Google Maps for about 10 minutes but this is ridiculous. I do not have location settings on. I was barely doing anything other than checking Facebook. Any idea what happened?

Advertisement
  2. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

Unless you just updated to 2.2, I would think maybe your battery is going bad.

3. rdlm

rdlm Member

Before assuming the battery is bad, I'd power cycle the phone, and better, remove the battery for a minute while powered down. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago, and I'm sure it was due to s/w that somehow got into a bad state and sucked the battey down.

Also, make sure that you haven't accidently enabled features (eg: wifi, bluetooth, etc) that you normally keep off.

4. droidmo

droidmo Well-Known Member

I have to say I have the exact same problem. It was fine before and since the froyo update the battery life went to crap. Did not think it was related at first, but i cant completely rule it out now. I have the factory battery in now and it seems to be performing better than the 1750 seido I bought back in May. Maybe coincidence? I find it hard to believe the battery would lose charge after 4 months.