• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sense UI or MOTO BLUR?

HTC Sense UI or MOTO BLUR?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

minimadj

Nov 9, 2009
I don't know which route to go down... as Im eligible for a new phone:

Sense UI (getting a HTC Hero)
or
MOTO BLUR (getting Motorola Milestone/Droid - but will have to wait as I live in the UK - after some research I've carried out, it should be comming soon)

As you guys are the people tht have/use both of these phones, I'd really appreciate your input as to which you'd have, also any comments/reasons why you chose what you chose.
I've never used an Android handset before, but think it would really suit me well. I just need help choosing the right one.

Many thanks,
James

Oh, I didn't realise that - thanks for pointing that out to me.
Oh about emails with Android... if I recieve a new email and read it on my phone, when I get to my PC will it show it as having been read?
I had a Sony Ericsson previously, and the email client was awful, when I got new emails it was all out of sync with my actualy email account, so Id read it on the PC and then re-read it on my phone! It was something I found really frustrating and don't want that to happen.

Im guessing that Sense UI is better than just stock Android, are there any plans for a new HTC Android based phone with a larger screen, as the Hero in comparison to the Milestone/Droid is tiny!

Upvote 0
Oh, I didn't realise that - thanks for pointing that out to me.
Oh about emails with Android... if I recieve a new email and read it on my phone, when I get to my PC will it show it as having been read?
I had a Sony Ericsson previously, and the email client was awful, when I got new emails it was all out of sync with my actualy email account, so Id read it on the PC and then re-read it on my phone! It was something I found really frustrating and don't want that to happen.

Im guessing that Sense UI is better than just stock Android, are there any plans for a new HTC Android based phone with a larger screen, as the Hero in comparison to the Milestone/Droid is tiny!

Depending how you tweak your email client. I usually prefer it the way you have stated, by setting the device not to delete the server copy, and it will do exactly you described, and i own quite a few devices due to my work nature, and with different systems as well - different systems only for curiosity. Having multiple numbers is the main work oriented thing.

I think with currently available email clients on phone vs pc, there is only two major options, once you pull the email from the server, it deletes it, so it wont show on your computer, read or not.

Or the way you have described.

I prefer it that way so I can answer corporate related emails only when I access my notebook, but if im just out on the street and only need to make a quick reply to my staff, i just send them a simple email with the signature of this email is sent via my Blackberry / touch pro 2 / palm pre / milestone / whatever... u know what i mean?

Upvote 0
(first post, be kind ;D)reviving this thread from the grave (hopefully), with the new phones since this started and an update to 2.1/2.2 what makes you guys lean towards one than the other? What are your experiences (positive or negative) with using sense ui or motoblur? specifically on the incredible for sense ui as i'm looking to get that android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones