• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Serious Question. (Too much fine print.)

Okay, so I understand that in order to Pre - Order or purchase the phone online, you would have to also purchase a data plan, which one being 25, or the other being 35.

Okay, so since I'm on a family plan with unlimited texting included (which I'm upgrading, because my two years is up) , can I just purchase the phone, and purchase the data plan (because I have to in order to get the 179.99 deal), and then cancel it the next month?

1. Do I have to purchase the date plan for the phone to work outside of my home where there is no Wi - Fi ? ( I can not have the data plan, and the phone and it's features will still work where there is Wi - Fi right?)
2. Do I have to purchase the 25/ or 35 dollar date plan in order to get the the 179.99 deal or can I just get it anyway, because my two years contract is over?

I'm trying to avoid any extra costs to my monthly bill, so not having to purchase the data plan would be awesome (which I doubt, because they need to make their money...)

Please be clear, and sorry I had to write so much, but no matter how many T-Mobile reps you talk to, you get different answers,and I want to know what you guys have heard so far...

I think it's just best for me to wait a few months after the phone lets out.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones