• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root setCPU for root users question

Hi,
I have a galaxy s phone and installed this. The reason I'm making a new topic is because my phone keeps freezing when its not in use, then I have to restart the phone. Anyone know of a solution?

This usually happens when you set a Screen Off profile and when your max is too low and/or are changing scaling mode. (Each phone model (and each individual phone) can handle higher/lower max differently.

Upvote 0
Main screen: Max 100 mHZ min 10mHZ...on demand
profile: screen off, priority 90, Max 200 min 0...on demand

I don't think those frequencies would even work on the HTC Brick.

I don't know what's recommended for the Galaxy S but I'd guess they should be around 10 times higher and I certainly wouldn't suggest you ever set your clock freq. to 0 as it would never execute the command to turn the clock freq. back up. I don't use setCPU though so I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
I don't think those frequencies would even work on the HTC Brick.

I don't know what's recommended for the Galaxy S but I'd guess they should be around 10 times higher and I certainly wouldn't suggest you ever set your clock freq. to 0 as it would never execute the command to turn the clock freq. back up. I don't use setCPU though so I could be wrong.

Yeah you make a good point. The mins were set at the lowest possible...recently changed them a bit. Ill see how this works. If anyone else has a Samsung fascinate let me know what yours is set to :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones