setting call ringtone?Support

Last Updated:

1. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use to use the application called volume control to set my tones for notification and stuff of the sort, but they seem to have updated it and lost that feature..wtf? so, i was wondering how you set it to the evo..yes, there is prolly another thread on this, and no i did not do my research. Just answer the question and let the thread die.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

you wanna set a specific ringtone to a specific contact, is that right? piece of cake: edit your contact and select the specific ringtone for that contact. you can also do it from the music player. bring up the menu, select "set ringtone." it lets you make it default or contact specific.

if you're asking something else, idk.

3. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No, just default ringtone. I was use to the moment where i just used this app..never had to edit the system settings.

4. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

even easier. whatever you want, play it w/ the music player, bring up menu, set as ringtone. bingo bango you've got "afternoon delight" as your ringtone.

5. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

From the manual:

Phone Ring Tone
    [FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Select a default ring tone for incoming calls. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Selecting the Default Ring Tone [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Your device provides a variety of ring tones that you can set as the default ring tone of your device. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]1. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Press Home > Menu [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]and tap [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGM A+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGM A+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Settings > Sound & display > Phone ringtone[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]2. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Tap the ring tone you want to use, and then tap [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGM A+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGM A+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]OK[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]. The ring tone briefly plays when selected.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

6. TB_Lightning

TB_Lightning New Member

The problem I'm having is that the default ringtone plays regardless if I've set a personalized ringtone for specific contacts. For example, I've set a ringtone for my wife that is different from my default ringtone, but whenever she calls my EVO still plays the default ringtone. Any thoughts?

7. FitzDuffy

FitzDuffy New Member

Change wives. Find one that matches the default ringtone.

clambert1273 likes this.
  8. mtrajano00

mtrajano00 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the instructions. I could not figure it out from the settings>sound and Display>Phone Ringtone.