• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help setting call ringtone?

backdown

Android Enthusiast
Apr 23, 2010
I use to use the application called volume control to set my tones for notification and stuff of the sort, but they seem to have updated it and lost that feature..wtf? so, i was wondering how you set it to the evo..yes, there is prolly another thread on this, and no i did not do my research. Just answer the question and let the thread die.

Thanks.

you wanna set a specific ringtone to a specific contact, is that right? piece of cake: edit your contact and select the specific ringtone for that contact. you can also do it from the music player. bring up the menu, select "set ringtone." it lets you make it default or contact specific.

if you're asking something else, idk.

Upvote 0
From the manual:

Phone Ring Tone
[FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Select a default ring tone for incoming calls. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Selecting the Default Ring Tone [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Your device provides a variety of ring tones that you can set as the default ring tone of your device. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]1. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Press Home > Menu [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]and tap [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGM A+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGM A+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Settings > Sound & display > Phone ringtone[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK P+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]2. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]Tap the ring tone you want to use, and then tap [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGM A+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGM A+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]OK[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ][FONT=HPPGK O+ Berthold Standard BQ,Standard BQ]. The ring tone briefly plays when selected.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
you wanna set a specific ringtone to a specific contact, is that right? piece of cake: edit your contact and select the specific ringtone for that contact. you can also do it from the music player. bring up the menu, select "set ringtone." it lets you make it default or contact specific.

if you're asking something else, idk.
The problem I'm having is that the default ringtone plays regardless if I've set a personalized ringtone for specific contacts. For example, I've set a ringtone for my wife that is different from my default ringtone, but whenever she calls my EVO still plays the default ringtone. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones